macmall order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by breakfastcrew, Jul 29, 2006.

1. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

If I order my macbook from macmall.com can I still do the free nano rebate with apple?

2. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

If you add the apple.com sales tax plus $100 more over macmall as well as free stuff macmall gives you, your better off buying from macmall, then with the rebates buy a nano.

3. mashinhead macrumors 68020

actually i think you can. DL the rebate form and check. all you need is the upc, the rebate form, for a nano and macbook, and to have purchased it within certain dates.

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

if i were you i'd call apple directly and ask - that way you get a definitive answer. my gut instinct would be that no, you'd have to make the purchase from them, but who knows for sure. i mean ya figure that all sorts of manufacturers put out rebates that aren't tied to buying from them directly (you could buy from best buy, compusa, etc), so i suppose apple's rebate policy could be the same?

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Except this particular one is supposed to be for students only. If you don't have to order it through Apple's store for education it would be exceedingly difficult for them to maintain the exclusivity.

6. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

very good point.

7. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

can you get the free ipod nano deal if you buy your mac at a apple store?

8. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

yepp.

9. breakfastcrew thread starter macrumors 6502

Did anyone ever buy from macmall? If I buy a macbook there do I get it from the latest shipment?? How does this work do they ship from the apple factory or their own warehouse, cause I don't want one with the staining problem.