MacMall Pre-Black Friday one day only sale

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by joepunk, Nov 23, 2011.

1. macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    On some Air models and MacBook Pros too. Looks similar to what Apple offers on refurbished items.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2011
    I dont know how legitimate that is, but if its true, it just makes me so annoyed about living in the UK. We get ripped off like hell over here.
  3. macrumors G4

Oct 23, 2010
    Most of the models offered are last year's version. The other discounts appear consistent with MacMall's regular pricing (5% discount on 2011 MacBook Air). It ends 53 minutes from now, but knowing MacMall they will have an almost identical promotion starting Friday.
  4. macrumors 68040

Dec 17, 2009
    Agreed. The only "good deal" is last years ultimate 13", but then again the difference between a core2duo and a Sandy bridge makes it hard to even recommend last years model even at that price. Especially when you can get the base model of this years for 1100 at best buy today.

Edit: Hoping for better deals on Black Friday.
  5. macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

They had those same prices last week too.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Oct 26, 2011
    true...but if it somehow reached 50% off I'd be willing to live with the sacrifice. I don't bet on it happening though lol
  7. macrumors 68030

Oct 9, 2008
    In my world.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2008
    Cambridge, UK
    Apple UK does Black Friday deals, just check the store website. Ok, our base price is still so much higher than the US, but this was always the case (and 20% VAT doesn't help).
  9. macrumors 68030

Mar 24, 2010
    it's still on

now as the 59 hour sale ends Friday 11/25 at Midnight.

I am very tempted to pick up an Air since I ditched my iPad 2, I loved the ones I test drove last year (save for the wrist issues).
  10. macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2011
    Really? I didn't know that. I thought that "Black Friday" was our equivalent of Boxing Day (26th December).

Thankfully I have all the Apple products I can handle, so my bank account is safe (I hope...).
  11. thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    Well that was nice of them.
  12. macrumors 68000

May 6, 2004
    We have sales in the US on Dec 26th also, we just don't call it "boxing day"

Black Friday is the name of the sale the day after Thanksgiving, obviously, for for a certain reason.

Being in the "black" is when a company is making profits VS being in the "red" aka losing money.

The holiday season aka the 4th calendar quarter is the most profititable quarter for consumer based businesses. Black Friday was historically the tipping point in the 4 quarter sales where a business either became profitable or knew it would be profitable for the 4 quarter.

Nowadays, black Friday has taken on crazy consumerism traits. I saw people camping out today, 36 hours before a store opens the sale, to save $100 on a junky budget HDTV. I guess if you don't have a job then the $100 savings makes a difference but then maybe they could be doing better things than waiting in line for a TV?
  13. macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2011
    my bank account is safe too :D