MacMall spam

Discussion in 'Community' started by ddtlm, Jan 8, 2003.

1. ddtlm macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2001
    I ordered some things from MacMall a while back and soon numerous MacMall and PCMall catalogs were showing up in the mail. I finally went ahead and emailed them about it, and was able to arrange to have it stopped by providing them my customer id number. However, it's gona take 60 to 90 days for the spam to stop! Sheesh.

I asked, and there is no way to order over the web from them without getting spammed. :mad: What a load of crap.

I was wonding if anyone else has anything to say about this sort of thing.
  2. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    Yeah, macmall sucks. Buy from a reseller and help everyone else. resellers are the way to go no matter what.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    it's pretty standard for catalog operations to put you on their mailing list if you put in an order. In any industry. When i moved, i stopped getting Mac catalogs, and i actually kind of miss it...

tho they should have better policies on stopping it if you want...

4. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I like the macmall magazines. Looking through them can be fun,
    and if the prices aren't too bad buying isn't a hassle either. I
    have purchased two things from MacMall with no problems. But
    it all depends on whether or not you like the spam. ;)
  5. sickboy_osX macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2002
    Pocatello, Idaho
    So, If you call
    Extention 3492 (Jody Wodehouse)
    Extension 3269 (Kevin Moore)

And order from them you get the Ocasional Catalouge.

No Spam however

Tell 'em Shon (sean, shawn, shaun) sent you!
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Never thought of getting Mac Connection, Mac Mall, & Mac Warehouse as spam. I enjoy getting the catalogues, its nice to dream. Have ordered from all 3, no problems!
  7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I get MacMall catalogs, PCMall catalogs, MacZone catalogs, PCZone catalogs, generic Zones catalogs, MacWarehouse catalogs, and some other Mac catalogs, in variations for both consumers and for business. And I get them at work and at home. And other family members get them. I don't mind; I save the latest one and throw out the previous one of each. But maybe they could save some trees and lower their prices if they didn't spend quite so much on paper and postage!