Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kjr39, Nov 20, 2006.

1. kjr39 macrumors 6502

Nov 26, 2004
    Has anyone ordered from MacMall before? I'm thinking of getting a MB and the price is pretty nice with the rebate and offers on Parallels. Mail in rebates suck, but I would like to have both Parallels and $75 back from the MB.

Anything I should be concerned about before I order?

2. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2004
    Bay Area
  3. jjmaximum macrumors member

Apr 8, 2004
    Gainesville, FL
    Ordered from them many times over the problems at all.

If you are ordering a stock MB, shipping is fast, but if you order a custom one, you may have to wait a bit. Other than that, go for it.
  4. flyers1 macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2005
    I wouldn't count on the rebate if I were you. I never received my MacBook $100 rebate. When i called them, they basically told me they couldn't do anything for me since it was past the time I could send in my rebate (about a month later) even though it was in the 6-8 week 'processing' time. So either the post office lost it or they conveniently did. Either way, they didn't help the situation and therefore I won't order from them again...
  5. fred_garvin macrumors member

Apr 6, 2003
    Sometimes I've had to call in about the rebates. I'd gotten a rejected notice. Apparently they "accidentally" entered in the upc code improperly. In the end I got the money though.

Whether you use MacMall or MacConnection simply depends on the state you live in and which one might charge sales tax and which won't.

I always refer to this site when buying any apple products.
  6. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

May 20, 2004
    I've ordered tons of stuff (most recent big purchase was my Dual 2.5 G5 and 30" ACD) and not had a major problem.

The only glitch I've encountered with them is when they installed the RAM upgrade on my G5, they scratched the internal plastic door/cover. Even though it was an internal door, the fact that it was a blemish on my new, shiny Mac bugged me. I called them and complained and they asked me to send them a image of the scratch. They responded with an apology and a $100 MacMall gift certificate. I thought that was very decent of them.
  7. whawhat macrumors 6502

Jun 9, 2006
    don't like macmall

i have only had bad experiences with macmall - ordered a brand new powerbook from them awhile back and they sent me a used one (huge scratch on the lid) and had a real problem with customer service just to get a replacement.

i recommend cdw and macconnection.
  8. MacSyn macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2006
    I got my C2D MBP from Mac Mall, not a very pleasant shopping experience with them. Personally, I would recommend Mac Connection which I got my CD MBP earlier this year and also received $150 rebate from them.

I Was gonna order from Mac Connection again for my C2D MBP but too bad they charged me sales tax that's why I turned to Mac Mall. If Mac Connection does not charge sales tax I definitely recommend Mac Connection to you.
  9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

Apr 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    same thing happened to me with an ibook. It had the persons name on it when you booted it up and the palmrests were all black. They said they couldn't do anything about it and that it should be new. I asked to speak with a manager and he said we don't do returns or exchanges only under extreme circumstances. He basically didn't believe me and said there was nothing he could do. So i told him ok I'll have my credit card company take care of it. He immediately shipped me out another one and it got there the next day. I will never buy from them again. I usually just buy straight from apple or even compusa is pretty good...that's where I got my imac from. I may end up ordering a macbook here in the next few days from amazon. But no way will I order from macmall.