Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightsout

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Hey All,

I'm interested in buying myself a new iMac - MacMall seem to have a good offer with various rebates (laser printer for free after rebates). They also have BillMeLater for purchases over $500 which of course the iMac is.

I emailed them asking them about the rebates & using BillMeLater on Monday, and got no response. So I called them today, and they said that BillMeLater can take too much time to go through and the rebates can't be validated in time - most of them must be post marked within 20 days of purchase.

Personally, I'd still like to use BillMeLater and get 6 months interest free credit. It isn't that I can't afford it, but the ability to spread the payments out is a good thing (especially for "free") as I would be able to clear the balance before it was due.

I was just wondering what people's experience was with MacMall's rebates and/or BillMeLater.

Those rebates expire today, so any quick responses would be good. :)

Thanks!

lightsout

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
I think the chances of me using MacMall have just shot down. In reading the fine print:

Save $100 on select all-in-one computers via MacMall mail-in rebate offer. Offer valid for credit card orders ONLY. Limit one rebate per person per shipping address. Rebate only valid if product is purchased at that days advertised price. Rebate must be postmarked within 20 days of purchase date.

Yup, BillMeLater blocks the $100 rebate. I'm rather annoyed the sales rep (Jo) chose not to tell me that, and just tried to push me to the credit card route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.