MacMice bluetooth mouse now scheduled for "late-summer 2004"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Gherkin, May 16, 2004.

1. Gherkin macrumors 6502

Hmm, visiting macmice.com brings rather disappointing news. Now I don't know if I should hold out and wait for their bluetooth mouse all summer (maybe I'll be an expert trackpad user by then... this will be my first laptop), or go with one of the other options (Logitech, MS, etc.)?

Apparently their problem in shipment is due to a lack of the actual bluetooth transmitting devices. Is there only once place companies can get these from, or are they probably just having a problem because they are such a small company?

2. Ozi macrumors regular

Ozi

Im not sure who would want to buy one... a lot of people have had problems with them.

reference: http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?128@13.sioOa1ltmGe.1@.688d933b

~ozi

3. Ozi macrumors regular

Ozi

sorry, the above refers to the "bluetake" BT500 and NOT the macmice.com mouse. My bad.

4. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah, I almost got a Bluetake from overseas when I ordered my radtech sceen protector but they dont seem very reliable.

Wish Apple would bring out their new wheel/disc mouse that they put a patent in for sometime back

5. Reuven macrumors member

Reuven

Well even though its not supported for mac I bought a Logitec Mx900 and seems to work wonders for me very very happy with it.

If you need a bluetooth mouse now I would say get a MX900 :D

6. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yep, I have heard that and been tempted. Someone did report that it worked better with the chargerstand antenae than the built in BT which worries me a little. No off button is also annoying. Lastly I still hold some faint hope that Apple will produce a ProBTMouse with extra buttons for Pro users...

7. Ozi macrumors regular

Ozi

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Bummer, I really have been looking forward to this BT mouse.

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Looks like my mouse is going to stay wired a bit longer. :(

10. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I read this the other day too and was so disappointed! :( I was really looking forward to having this mouse come out in June when my birthday is, but I guess I'll have to stay with my wired mouse for a little longer...

JOD8FY

11. chv400 macrumors 6502

wasn't this thing originaly planned to come out in april

12. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

As far as I know, it was always supposed to come out in June, but I could be wrong.

JOD8FY

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i have both the wireless keyboard and mouse from apple, and i dont need the extra buttons except for some games, ect. i know that a lot of pro users do need those extras though, so this is a huge disapointment because the wired mouse is awesome from macmice (my gf has one) and i think they could make a good bluetooth one....

14. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Aren't they historically late as far as shipping dates go? Or was that only Griffin?

15. abc123 macrumors 6502

i've decided on this mouse, if it ever comes out.
    until then i have my track pad and my little mouse that jumps all over the screen :(

16. inocen1 macrumors member

Mx900 works better with logitech BT base

Hi, I'm the guy who reported on the Mx900's erratic behavior on my dads imac using the built-in bluetooth antenna. Once I switched it over to the logitech base it worked perfectly and has done so ever since. I have my own mx900 for my powerbook which also has built-in bluetooth. Mine works perfectly with the built-in bluetooth and always have. So the answer to all of this is that it just depends. Hopefully no one else has the problems my dad has had with his built-in bluetooth.

Matthew

17. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

that IS a major disappointment... i was looking forward to buying this mouse.. oh well, soon enough, i guess...

18. denm316 macrumors 6502

I would definately be interested in this, two buttons just make some daily tasks much easier. Especially working in Microsoft Remote Desktop.

19. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

It was April, then May, then June, now late summer, soon to be - bundled with G5 Powerbook. :p

20. Gherkin thread starter macrumors 6502

The reason it is constantly delayed is because Apple and MacMice are deep in negotiations to brand the bluetooth mouse as an official Apple product.

or not.

21. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Or better yet - the 3Ghz G5's! :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the info,
    JOD8FY

22. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

You "know" this how?