MacMice "The Mouse BT" now available for preorder

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sorryiwasdreami, Sep 16, 2004.

1. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I just received this in my inbox:

Here's a Review.

Looks nice!

[​IMG]

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Every time I try a mouse with another button I didn't have before, I seem to feel a need for a new button. So I can't switch back to a 2 button mouse (or 3 button, including the scroll-wheel click button). I have an MX300 with the 2 buttons + scroll wheel button, but there's another little button that I now use for Exposé, and I can't buy another mouse without it. How else could I use Exposé so quickly? ;)

I'll consider it if I'm looking to go BT. I use my PB on-the-go all the time, so unplugging my USB Logitech from my PB must seriously be wearing out my USB ports. There are only 2, after all. Wouldn't wanna ruin them. :eek:

3. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I got the same e-mail. I can't believe it's finally ready! About time...

JOD8FY

4. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

Just one question, where in Australia can we buy that mouse? I feel that my OEM 1 button Bt (Not used on G4 anymore, as I have a Logitech 1st Laser on it) may be in for an update. I will now have to look at one of these. Anybody know, where in Aus?

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I'd buy one if it wouldn't look so freakin' ugly. It looks like somebody put that together in their garage. In white it's not as bad as in silver but to compare that to the gorgeous design of the Apple BT mouse(not that I'd buy a one button mouse :p )? I don't know, the idea is great, the design sucks IMHO.

6. TranceClubMusic macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

VERY UGLY MOUSE

Logitech with the new "Laser Mouse" blows this piece of junk out of the water!!!

7. yinyang macrumors regular

try:

http://www.macsense.com.au

they're supposed to be australian distributors

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

looks like someone took a knife to an apple bt mouse and wedged a scroll wheel into there, but it manages to look good :confused: :p .

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why couldn't you buy it at NextByte or MAC1? The MAC1 store here sells all Macs, loads of Mac accessories, and the original "The Mouse" as well. They're quite a good store, but their knowledge is dodgy. I find Nextbyte people to be a bit more knowledgeable, but they're still not the best. But if all you're looking for is this mouse, then I'd get it from MAC1. Not sure if Nextbyte has it.

10. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

About time, almost thought it was vaporware..

11. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I wanted that mouse forever, but here's the thing....They put it off for like 5 months! Sorry MacMice but I know tons of people who were going to buy one and then ended up getting something (that probably in the end was) better. It was a big mistake on their part and now they are going to reap what they sow. Plus, There mouse is hella expensive when I could DEFINETLY get some better like the Logitech laser mouse for that money. Bad move on their part...Like I said, this mouse had me going for a little while but they never should have even announced it and said it was coming out, then delayed, then coming out, then delayed. They should have just been announcing it now.

12. sorryiwasdreami thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

As far as the claims go that "the mouse BT" is ugly, I'm not sure that I agree; besides, the topic is subjective. I would say that Logitec Laser Mouse is far less pleasing to look at - it looks like an old skool video game controller.

The whole point of the MacMice bluetooth mouse is to create a mouse with the closest aesthetics to Apple's one-button bluetooth mouse, only with two buttons and a scroll wheel. Essentially, MacMice wanted to create a product that would visually fit in with whatever machine you had.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i just placed my pre-order. i have the apple bluetooth mouse, and have been wishing for a scroll wheel and 2nd button more and more every day. my apple mouse will be going on ebay soon...

marianne

14. dejaentendu macrumors newbie

Exactly my thoughts, sorryiwasdreami. I think I'll be placing my preorder later tonight. I'm debating which color I'd like more... Probably the aluminum silver.

15. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

What color to go with a Powerbook? White or Silver? I've got an iPod and dock (white), and all the Apple cables are also white.... but the machine itself is silver. I think I like the white better, but if the silver will match better, its a really hard decision. I also like that the OEM Apple one is white.... How closely matched is the PB silver and the MacMice silver? Which color would you pick?

16. JasonL macrumors regular

I'm going to say that you've got to go with the Aluminum Silver for the PB. That's what I'm going to do. It should be a good match.

17. furrina macrumors regular

I dunno, I think it's kinda cute -- sort of friendly looking.
    squeak squeak.

18. sorryiwasdreami thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Not that you had to go along with convention, but the silver is "supposed" to go with the pro line and the white for the "i" line.

But like I said, there's no reason to be a conformist. Based off of the pictures, I think I'd take the white.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. nels0360 macrumors member

I've been waiting for this mouse as well. I'm going to go with the Silver one for my 12" PowerBook. Have you see the bluetooth mice that radtech sells? The are going to be coming out with a silver version of that one as well. I think it is just a little too small to use comfortably though.