macMini to S Video or component video

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mlucas17, Jan 23, 2005.

1. mlucas17 macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2000
    Bought and received a mac mini with the intention of using my 65" Hitachi HDTV as the monitor and bluetooth keyboard and mouse from my lounge chair. Unfortunately my TV doesn't have a digital video input. So I'm looking for suggestions on what to get to convert from either digital video or VGA (connector provided with the minimac) to either S video or RGB component input.

Thanks in advance. BTW, the mac-mini is really sweet...
  2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I think ATI makes a DVI to Component adapter, check it out on their website
  3. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004
    Ping! Google to the rescue. Any one of those looks good enough.
  4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Maybe somebody will test out the Apple DVI to Video Adapter one of these days on the Mini.

Some people claim the Apple one will work, while some say they tried the ATI version on their PowerBooks and it didn't work. :confused:

Check out Mini/Displays
  5. HiRez macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2004
    Western US
    I imagine it has to work, since Apple specifically advertises that adapter ($19.95) as a Mini accessory. The weird thing is when you click on the link for the adapter is says it's specifically for G5 only, but I think they just forgot to update that page.

EDIT: Close formatting tags :rolleyes:
  6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Some members on the discussion site also pointed out this $12 software widget...

...if you run into problems