MacMinute suggests MWSF 05 As Launch Date For Tiger

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Freg3000, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

OR Apple is releasing iLife '05 at MWSF. I think it's far more likely that we'll see an iLife update at MWSF instead of an OS update. Seeing as iLife '04 debuted MWSF this year. :rolleyes:

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That would be Grrrrrrrreeeeaat! ;)

I would not be at all surprised to see Steve announce the actual release date of Tiger at MWSF. A planned release date party of course.

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I bet a count down until shipping will be more likely. iLife '05 is probably a sure thing. I wonder if there will be a new iApp added to the mix. Perhaps a publishing or web iApp. Also I wonder if iLife will take advantage of Tiger's Core Image and Core Video but not require those Tiger features.

6. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

My 2 cents - a revamped .Mac that includes a whole app designed to build webpages (to replace Homepage), iLife '05, some more consumer-oriented Tiger features and a Tiger release date - my hope is February. Then, either Apple (hopefully) includes iLife '05 as part of Tiger (especially if Core Image and Core Video are big things) or offers a bundle of all 3 of these (.Mac, iLife and Tiger).

My hopes for iLife '05:
    - Continue iTunes amazing tradition
    - Add more Photoshop-Elements style editing stuff to iPhoto
    - Core Image/Core Video
    - Subtitles in iDVD
    - More room on DVDs in iDVD
    - Some new iApp that I didn't think I needed until it's unveiled

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I don't think iTunes will be updated with iLife. I think Apple sees iTunes as a separate entity from iLife even though it's included with iLife in their marketing.

8. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

All I know is that I am lining up at the Apple store whenever it may be...What could the prize be? Dogtags? Watches? Shirts?

9. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I think it's a bit of a stretch to go from that promotion ending to Tiger coming out. However maybe Tiger has been going better than they expected?
    There were public demo machines at MW Paris and the latest seeds have been kept under wraps.

A major OS upgrade finished early? No way :) I would sure like that high speed search feature though, I have been needing it lately.

10. iSuck macrumors member

iSuck

Im not a mac user so explain me this.

How many things you guys got?

Tiger
    Panther....what are the differences?

And why is iLife 05 a big thing?

11. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Because, because, because, because, becausseeeee...Because of the wonderful things they does.

I am positive that this little site could help you out : APPLE

12. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Check out this video of Steve Jobs talking about Tiger:
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc04/

13. relimw macrumors 6502a

Much more likely to see a new iLife coming out then. Possibly with an iTunes-like program for downloading movies.

No chance for Tiger that early. They'll do at least one more seed to developers before they'll release to the public.

14. Zaty macrumors 65816

I also think that Apple will release iLife 05 at MWSF. Tiger will be released sometime in spring. I don't even think Apple will announce the official release date there. Don't forget, Panther's release date (October 24, 2003) was announced a mere two weeks earlier on October 8.

15. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

tiger has been said to be out "first half 2005" so that would indicate apple will push its release to wwdc2005 where they hopefully announce the great-super-mega-cool new G5 powerbook. steve said they won't release another operating system very soon after tiger, so they WILL take their time to make tiger ready by the time we can buy it, unlike panther which was flawed until 10.3.4 version came out. so no, tiger won't be out any time soon.

ilife '05 is a possibility, but not a "sure thing". quicktime seven maybe?

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I expect an update to .Mac, an update on the progress and development of Tiger, but not much more.