Macobook Questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by gamerz, Oct 15, 2006.

1. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

Ive have finally decided to get a 1.83 ghz macbook as my first apple computer but i still have a couple of questiosn that need to be answered.

I know these questions might sound stupid but im a noob when it comes to computers and laptops.

1. How does the macbook hook up to the interent?
    2. Is it worht it to get 2G's to play WoW well, or is 1G enough to have 30-40fps noramlly?
    3.How do you install bootcamp on it? (It says you need windows software to do it but im not completely sure)

And thats it, Thanks:)

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

1) Like every other computer. Ethernet/wireless etc.
    2) More RAM the better. Though 1 is good.
    3)www.apple.com/bootcamp. You have to have windows XP SP 2 though.

3. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well if you don't have Windows you don't need Boot Camp.

BC is a little application that partitions your HDD and creates a CD of Windows drivers so that your can install Windows XP w/ SP2 on your Mac.

5. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

ok... my second question is if WoW would get an average of 30-40 fps if i added 1G on it.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You should do some research on graphic chips being sold thesedays if you are interested in gaming and getting the full enjoyment from your games. GMA 950 isnt a real GPU. Many threads here on that subject plus you can search yourself on the net.

7. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Whats a Macobook? I want one! :D

Anyhoo, the GMA950 sucks for gaming.

Its so bad, that nowadays PC makers are starting to either include the GeForce 6150/6200 or the Radeon Xpress 200 (Radeon X300), which are MUCH, MUCH better than our good pal the 950.

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Don't listen to the FUD: the GMA 950 is an adequate GPU. It's not for heavy 3D gaming, no, nor is it enough to run things with all the options turned up and stuff, but for the MacBook it is adequate. With 2 gigs of RAM you should get decent performance in WoW, but YMMV. Some people report getting 60+ FPS, some much, much less.

9. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

Thanks... But I dont need a computer, I need a laptop, whihc is a macbook. Also reports say that the GMA 950 isnt that bad for WoW.

10. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz