MacOS 9:: Resedit & "Low Battery Warning"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Plutoniq, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Plutoniq macrumors member

I'm working on putting a Powerbook 1400 together for my mom, and I'm kinda frustrated that the "Low Battery Warning" comes on prematurally forcing the Powerbook to sleep.

Using "Battery Amnesia", the battery that came with the 1400 goes for about 77 minutes before it finally shuts down. The "Low Battery Warning", however, comes on within 20 minutes of battery discharge. "Battery Amnesia" bypasses these warnings, but in general use (without it), I'm thinking that the Powerbook 1400 will force itself to sleep prematurally.

I've tried many things to no avail....Resetting PRAM/NVRAM, Resetting PMU..... now I'm thinking of just messing around with Resedit to adjust these "Low Battery Warnings".

Can it be done? Anyone know which file actually controls this (Mac OS 9.1)? Advice (other than a new battery!)?

There was an old utility created by the same guy who made Battery Amnesia...called "Threshold", which allows you to adjust these "Low Battery Warning" times......but it only works with very very old Powerbooks (Pre-1400).

Thanks

Ryan

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

this happened when my iBook battery started to go. It would go down to abot 40% and then it would sleep. this might be an indication your battery is dying