Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeAnd

Suspended
Jan 8, 2008
Wasn't working reliably for me at all until I disabled the Copied app (a 3rd party app that syncs clipboards across Macs and iOS devices) on my Macs and my iOS devices. Copied has some nice "power user" features, but for the moment it looks like it's not safe to use on Sierra and iOS 10.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Bluetooth? I though it worked via iCloud. O well, I'm not turning on Bluetooth.

What's the problem with turning on Bluetooth? Its on all the time on my devices... for my mouse and keypad on my Mac; and for my watch, car, headphones, etc. for my phone. Is there a reason you don't want to turn it on?

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
What's the problem with turning on Bluetooth? Its on all the time on my devices... for my mouse and keypad on my Mac; and for my watch, car, headphones, etc. for my phone. Is there a reason you don't want to turn it on?
- It's probably incompatible with his tinfoil hat.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland

Battery life, and tracking when I'm going somewhere. I haven't had a need for it luckily.

Kungo

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
China
So it seems if I copy FROM the iPhone to the MacBook all is well, copying from the MacBook to the iPhone is another issue... Yet the iPad works perfectly

I have had the same problem. Interesting enough, restarting my iPhone resolved it.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Yes, I get that in theory those technologies could be used to track a person of interest. My question is who you're expecting to be tracking you, and why are you using the internet if you're worried about it?

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
That's not a theory, it is reality. There are quite some companies around the globe offering wifi and bluetooth tracking to cities and companies (stores mostly) for some years now. They even use it in crowd control systems, one of them being used in 2012 in Enschede (city in the east of The Netherlands) during the Serious Request event. One of those companies also tried to do this secretly but they were discovered and are ordered to cease the snooping by the Dutch privacy watchguard.

markgpearse

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
So it seems if I copy FROM the iPhone to the MacBook all is well, copying from the MacBook to the iPhone is another issue... Yet the iPad works perfectly
[doublepost=1520031765][/doublepost]Haven't been able to copy from MBP to iPad, but was able to copy from iPad to MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.