MacPolls: double vote?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by wrldwzrd89, May 27, 2005.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Oh, how very strange...

Lately, it seems MacPolls doesn't track votes by MacRumors username anymore (I stay logged in to MacRumors all the time at work and at home). If I vote in a MacPolls poll at work (regardless of whether or not I'm logged in) I can vote again at home.

I'm guessing something was changed in the MacPolls system because I used to have problems with the poll thinking I had already voted when I in fact hadn't yet voted (the zero vote problem). Now, I've got the exact opposite issue (the double vote problem).

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Probably a slight difference in the cookies you received, and since you've not already got the cookie when you come home MacPolls lets you vote again...

To vote again (if you feel you have to answer to more than one of the options), if that is interesting, you could just through out the MacPolls cookie and reload the page (or, I guess, just visit in stealth mode).

4. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

MMmmmmmmmm.... Cookies......

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Actually, this has always been the case for me. If I vote on a poll at home, I can vote on it again at work - I believe it has something to do with either cookies or logging/tracking source IPs.

6. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Hey, I have a question; Why is that the text underneath your "vote" button reads "Brand new Poll everyday" and yet Ive had the same question there for almost four days?!

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

You must be new here. :p ;) MacPolls has had a history of not updating on a regular basis for quite some time. Every once and a while you'll get a week or two where you get a new poll every day, but I remember times when we didn't have a new poll question for an entire month! :eek:

To some people it's a big deal, to others, it's not. They seem to have improved lately though, so hopefully we'll see a new one on Monday. :cool: