MacPro+BT+Raid = How to bootcamp??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Macinposh, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Macinposh macrumors 6502a

Soo.
    Have been trying to catch up how to install XP to a Macpro.
    I would like to get that rig up for some casual gaming.

Problem is that it has a BT keyboard and mouse AND it is Raided in Raid 10.

1.So, I would have to resort to external USB 2.0 disk?

Have people managed to get that to work properly?

2. How about the 2 free sata slots on the mobo?

Apparently they are not bootable in OS X,but how about in windows? The other one is in use,but I would have the other one free...

3. Aand what about the XP?

I have a old version that is installed on my old PC, do I need to un-install it or whatnot?
    And since it is old,It is propably the SP1, is there instructions anywhere how to make it a SP2,wich the bootcamp requires?

I appreciate all the help you can give, especially if you have some good links "How-To" do stuff...

:D

2. Macinposh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haa!!

First glitch. I apperently need the XP Pro for macpro to be able to use mulitple cores,let alone both processors...

So,wich one, the 32 or 64 Bit?

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

32. 64 is super buggy and if you're used to Mac being stable, 64 bit will disgust you.

4. andrabr macrumors newbie

Done it!

I got it working in exactly the configuration you described: RAID-10 + Bootcamp on MAc Pro, internal drives only. All it takes is love :'-D

Here is how I did it: http://n0tablog.wordpress.com/howtos/raid10-and-bootcamp-on-mac-pro-using-odd-sata-port/