MacPro G5 Dual Processor Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by robertmagness, Sep 17, 2006.

1. robertmagness macrumors newbie

I have a MacPro G5 Dual Processor. I want to put the 750GB Seagate hard drive in there. Can I do this? Anybody have any problems with that? Is there a better drive recommended?

2. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

AHHHHHH! There is no MacPro G5 Dual Processor!!! :eek:

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, whether it's a Powermac or a MacPro, the answer is yes. There are plenty of people on this board who have had success in both computers.

4. Silentwave macrumors 68000

here we go again.... :rolleyes:

as far as the 750 it shouldn't be a problem, depending on how many you install. Reports came in that if you used 4 of them and went over the Mac Pro's 2TB storage limit, it took a massive performance hit.

5. maddawgUNL macrumors newbie

G5 Dual Processor

From Wikipedia -"The Power Mac G5 was introduced with three models, sharing the same physical case, but differing in features and performance. The 1.6 GHz model shipped with 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM, an 80 GB hard drive, and could employ a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. The 1.8 and dual-processor 2.0 GHz models shipped with 512 MB of RAM, and could employ a maximum of 8 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. The dual-processor model also included an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card."