So the Dual 2.6 or 3.0? This seems like a really big (and probably irreversible decision). I'd love to save the 750 or whatever it is on the price of the computer, but I also want something for longevity. I know there's still some time until they actually ship, but does anyone have any thoughts. I'm seriously considering one and this is probably the biggest thing on my mind--next to deciding whether to keep my 15" Powerbook. Well, I forgot to mention this, but I use it for photo editing. I'm not a professional photographer by any means, but I do have a minor in Photo and spend a decent amount of time in Photoshop with my D50. I also purchased the new EyeTV Hybrid, which can record in Digital/Full HD, but is quite processor intensive from what they say. And lastly, the RAM... 2 512 sticks are standard. Next upgrade is expensive and is 4 512 sticks. Stick with standard and just buy 1GB RAM sticks and install them myself after the fact?