Macromedia Contribute?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by digitaldean, Mar 19, 2006.

1. digitaldean macrumors member

Feb 13, 2006
    Have a client who is insistent on updating background pictures and individual pictures on her website.

Have no problem with it, but don't want her to muck around with the majority of the page. So I am contemplating purchasing a copy of Contribute for them to update images/backgrounds with.

Have read about it, but have never used it before, anyone have experience with it?

Or if someone has an idea on a different way to do this without Contribute, please chime in.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    As long as you ahve designed the site with Dreamweaver, and have based it on Templates, then Contribute is wizard.
  3. emaja macrumors 68000

May 3, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Download a demo of it. I did to see if it would work for the church website I an setting up and it looks to be just what the non-techies need.

I have not used it extensively, but it looks like you can set it up so that the changes get send to you for review and then you have final say over them. You can also set up sections as non-editable so that they cannot screw with stuff. You can limit their access to just the photo page if you want to.
  4. The Past macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2004
    Since you imply that there is not much dynamic content involved, it will work well for the needs. I have not had any problem using it for a similar purpose (except text, not pictures) in December as I was testing a site for a client.