Macromedia Studio MX speed

Discussion in 'Community' started by groov', Jun 14, 2002.

1. groov' macrumors regular

I just installed Macromedia Studio MX on my G4 400 with 896 MB memory and on my iMac rev A 233 with 288MB memory.

I noticed an amazing speed difference for all the MX programs: Fireworks, Freehand, Flash and Dreamweaver, in favor of .... the old iMac!

The MX suite on the iMac is twice as fast (also in starting up) in OS9.2 compared to OSX, and I mean really fast.

Anyone else who noticed that the MX's are much slower in OSX, even on a better machine? And is there a possibility to speed up MX on OSX (I did the prebindings thing already). Or do we have to wait for Jaguar?

2. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

The apps take a lot of time to start up on my iBook 600, but I think it's okay (compared to other applications -- OS X is rather slow at the moment, compared to OS 9). Once the programs have started up, they work okay for me.

k.

3. mr.w macrumors regular

Well I can't really see the difference between MX in classic and MX in OSX... although, I do have a dual 800 with 1.5 gigs of RAM.

Although, MX does seem to run a bit quicker on Wintel Boxes :( don't know why either

4. Oatmeal macrumors newbie

first time's slow

Like other OSX apps, I notice that Studio MX launches slow the first time after the Mac is started. But if you quit a Studio MX app, and then start it up again, it launches much quicker. Performance of the apps seems fine to me, so far.

5. groov' thread starter macrumors regular

classic is not 9.2

I mean using MX under a 9.2 start up, not under classic. I think it's not possible to use MX under classic if you installed it under OSX.