macrumorcoholics

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Mar 3, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Lets see...
    For how long can you:
    1. Be on your computer but without visiting macrumors at all?
    2. To look at the topics and comments but without posting anything at all, just as a pasive reader?

Are you able to do that for at list 4 weeks?:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

hmmm it seems as those anyone who replies to this topic can't do either especially based on the time after you posted that we replied, perhaps were all a little obsessed.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

If I had, yes. But do I? No.

I think the longest I've been away from MacRumors might have been a week or two - when I was on vacation. But even then I seem to find myself checking email and then clicking on over to MacRumors.

If you paid me enough, I'd have no problem ;)

D

4. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

I would like to know if there is a PC version of a macrumors community. I would like to be studing Psicology just to make a tesis about the macrumors community.

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

when i first joined macrumors, in its first month of existence, in the summer of 2000, i just read it for information on macs

now, i visit the site almost every day and most of the time, i post at least three times

sometimes, i will make up to 30 posts in a day if it involves politics, but my average is around 5 posts per day overall:D

ok, ok, to be technical, i post 4.71 posts per day:p

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the closest thing i know of which i use is www.experts-exchange.com which is more techie related

...but as you know, macrumors.com is involved with macs and everything else under the sun...including sex and politics:p

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Re: macrumorcoholics

Sure, I can easily go 4 hours...

Oh wait, did you say weeks? Aaauuuugh!

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

10. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

If I absolutley had to stop getting on MacRumors, then I guess that I could. But, I like MacRumors too much right now to stop.

11. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

"I'm not an alcoholic, I can stop drinking at any time"
    Hommer Simpson

Would be interesting to make a bet about it. Specially now that we are not close to any expo or something.:rolleyes:

12. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

There is too much going on in the world to stop getting on and posting on macrumors. With an impending war, the economy down the toilet, and maybe new ipods this Tuesday;) (or was that next/last Tuesday I forgot). Thanks to macrumors, I found out about a security update that i probably wouldn't have known about until later.