Macrumors and Arn are famous!

Discussion in 'Community' started by mcrain, Jul 17, 2002.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Did anyone catch the screensavers last night? They had Megan get on to talk about the impending MWNY. She did a segment on the rumors leading up to the keynote, and she started her segment off with Arn from Macrumors.com has a really good summary of all the rumors, and then she went through them one by one.

Dude, ARN's famous!!!

Whoohoo!

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Macrumors and Arn are famous!

:) heh... I saw it.

I didn't actually like being personally attributed as responsible for the new PowerMacs rumor... :)

arn

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Excuse my stupidity, but what is screensavers?

4. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/macintosh/story/0,24330,2310215,00.html

That's the link the the "show notes." They don't have any of Megan's commentary, or attribute anything to you (Arn).

I was watching and thought wow, Megan could be surfing on here right now! I wonder if she ran across Cleo or Macette? I'm sure Megan has her own groupies (can you say Xena, warrior princess syndrome?)

5. job macrumors 68040

job

A show on TechTV. It airs throughout the day and covers a lot of different tech topics (mostly though it's all about a bunch of Wintel geeks trying to set up something Apple has been doing for years. :D)

[edit]

mcrain beat me to it. :)

[/edit]

6. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Oh the geek blasphemy!

Screensavers is an hour and a half long show on TechTV. It's like a religious experience for many geeks, and closet geeks like myself.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ok, so where do i find techTV - I don't even know if I get it...or is it online?

hey, don't give me a hard time for being ignorant - i don't watch much tv as it is.

8. job macrumors 68040

job

It's part of cable/satellite TV. I personally don't have it (I just watch it at a friends house every now and again.)

Don't worry about mcrain, he's just touchy about geek stuff. j/k :D :D

9. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Actually, for a long time I was perfectly happy with my Compaq celeron at 400Mhz. I didn't care what I had so long as it worked, but then I met Miss. TiBook, and whoa what a set of gazabas! I had to get my fingers on her.

Anyway, that got me here, and then once you get a little hooked on tech news, you start looking for more. That's how I came across techtv. Lots of stuff there, including news on upcoming tech gadgets.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he....I'm so television illiterate...

but still...very cool to have some sort of recognition...but I agree...it's not good to have his name attached to the rumormill...

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I don't think it matters one way or another - its free recognition/advertising for the site. My guess is someone on the show is a regular here - so who ever it is, come out and show yourself!

12. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Be glad you can watch TechTV. I sure as hell can't. $50/month for cable and still no techTV

13. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Do you mean to say that you've finally gone out and bought yourself a sexy partner? ;)

14. mr.w macrumors regular

Re: Re: Macrumors and Arn are famous!

Did they have to ask you before they used your name and noted macrumors.com ???