Macrumors Apology Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Sep 5, 2005.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Let me just say that I am making this thread more for my own sake than anyone else's :). If you feel the need to apologize for anything you've ever said (or anything you failed to say), feel free to post here.

I joined this community in 2002, when I was 15 years old. Since that date I have posted close to 6000 times and I have matured a lot. Now I am 18 years old and moving away from childhood into adulthood. Whilst looking through my old posts to find a member's name I felt kind of ashamed about some of my posts.

Many of my posts were just plain stupid, many were short and un-needed, and few of them had much substance. I was more interested in increasing my post count my first year of posting than I was in being helpful. For that, I apologize.

I just don't want anyone to judge the scem0 of today by looking at the posts of an immature 15 year old.

So, in short, I apologize for all the stupid, pointless, and misguided things I've said in the past. I'm a different person now, and I'll be a different person tomorrow.

Thanks for understanding,

scem0

2. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

With an avatar like that, you can't be all that bad. ;)

3. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Hehe, thanks :). Garden State is such a good movie, I cried like a baby the first time I watched it :p.

scem0

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have always looked at you as a fine young man scem0. I'm sure that you will mature into a very responsible adult. ;)

5. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Ok, I forgive you :D

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No need to apologize for the past scem0. We were all young & dumb at one point or another. Thankfully, we wise up & grow up- what you are doing right now. Welcome to being an adult. :)

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ditto,

ive never had a problem with you, and i am glad to have you on these boards.

8. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

I am sorry for all of the pointed and blunt responses i have made and will probably make

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You're cool in my books, no need for sorries. :)

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Ah yes, the fine art of apologizing in advance.

Well since you started it- I apologize for anything that I have done in the past and for anything stupid that I am bound to say in the future. :)

There, I feel better already. :) ;)

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I did too... :eek:

I am too sorry for any times that my dumb-ass fingers have type something rude, ill concieved, or just flat idiotic.

Thank you.

12. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

no problem scem0!

***goes and joins in the group hug*** :)

14. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Bad fingers ham_man. I would advise disciplining them. ;) :)

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

scem0, I've always considered you to be one of the top tier members here: sensible, interesting, funny, astute, and willing to share what you are thinking. I never found you to be immature. So either you are and have always been a very cool forum member and have nothing to apologize for, or my powers of observation need a thorough review.

16. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Doctor Q your powers of observation are very keen! :)

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't think immaturity is necessarily a bad thing. This is a computer board, but it doesn't have to be stern and earnest all the time. I visit the Community section of this board because I enjoy hearing about serious problems from all our posters. I used to post here occasionally, and mainly at another board where we're a lot more goofy, but it wears thin (although they're good for a laugh occasionally).

Sorry for all the weird remarks I have ever made. Sometimes I'm very serious, and then in my next post, it doesn't make any sense. I know I do this a lot, but my mood changes very quickly. If I'm in a bad mood, I get very serious.

And I will also apologize in advance for what I'm about to do to some newb asking a Powerbook RAM question.

*grabs the trenchcoat, hat, and dark, tinted glasses and darts out the door*