Macrumors' best flamer

Discussion in 'Community' started by spuncan, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spuncan macrumors 6502

Well I came up w/ the idea to see who is the best flamer here at Macrumors.
    No I don’t ant a flame contest just who u all think is the best flamer here. Then from this post I'll make a poll using the top 5 to crown the overall 'best' flamer.
    Once again please no flame wars here just a simple answer. For a few guidelines think of whom you've seen flaming the most, the most Cold hearted flames, and most flames on newbs ;)

THX –spuncan

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Macrumors' best flamer

Darn ...

And just when I finally finished my signature, I can't blast it at you.

Guess I'll have to keep it locked up for another day.

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Being that I can't vote for myself... :p

I would say that the old timer joey j had some incredible advantages in flamewars on spikey, who I thought had some rather comical responses. But, these days, AlphaTech seems to have a lot of knowledge on the subject, but happens to be DUI of name calling and newbie flaming.

But with someone with his intelligence, what would happen to people with tough questions w/o him?

Anyways, I would vote for joey j and AlphaTech. Spikey, well, he gets my vote for comical responses in flamewars. :D

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Alphatech gets my vote for torturing the newbs the most :D
    For the one who's just a downright ***hole my vote goes to that shortlived xG5 fellow.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well i think i'm the most flamey, but that's not what this is about :) i'd have to vote Alphatech, tho he doesn't usually do it unwarranted, he can get pretty intense...

:)
    pnw

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

>For the one who's just a downright ***hole my vote goes to that shortlived xG5 fellow.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about ex-gay-5. Luckily, he's not around anymore.

Don't forget about gocyrus or Hitormiss, another couple of ********ers that can't keep their damn mouths shut.

gocyrus[t] gets my vote for most pathetic attempt to be a Mac user. :rolleyes:

7. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I don't think there's any real point to this thread, the answer is obviously Alpha... :p :D ;)

8. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Sometimes I think I can be a bit harsh. The piracy of OS X thread was a real scorcher. I had some good back up on that thread though. I'll have to go back to it to remember who it was though.

9. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

!:)!

I can get pretty mad myself, remeber that who webpage thread where people said my webpage sucked? hee hee hee:D

10. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Anyone know of any threads where this guy posted? I'd like to see some of what he had to say... It must be pretty funny...

As for any one particular person, Alphatech comes to my mind first, but I've seen some pretty nasty threads that have gone to sh*t because of some flaming @$$holes :p

11. King Cobra macrumors 603

First, Scott, why is your avatar so damn fast? Are we all going to he!! or something? :D :D

Second, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5524 has a flamewar regarding internet browsers. That was probably the most entertaining flamewar I've ever been around in (actually I got a front row view :D).

Third, Alpha has sure been in lots of wars, but I can't find them all right now. :p

Fourth, in regard to Xg5 and spikey, search for the threads labeled "G5", "G6", "G5 Dodecahedron" and "What is Motorola doing".

Fifth, a warning: If you enjoy being involved in these types of posts, and if you like reading posts like this, then Macrumors may not be for you.

12. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Oh, my avatar :D In omniweb, it's slow as heck, but in IE, it's pretty fast... I can control the speed by scrubbing my dock (that doesn't sound right ;) )

I found the Xg5 threads, and that guy definitely had 'feces' for brains...

I just find it humorous as to how some people act on these threads... I guess you can call me weird, but I'm the type of person who watches jerry springer and those other shows where they reveal the fathers of some kids, and laugh at their immature attitude and their stupid problems... But of course, that has nothing to do with my love for the Mac :eek: (another thing that didn't sound right)

13. King Cobra macrumors 603

Dude, you're sick!

Actually, I watch JS as well, as I find it funnier than the boring Maury/Opera shows out there. The crowd chants are real funny.

Too bad there isn't a show that chants the same way about peecees. That would turn people on. :)

Love your Mac by treating it right, but don't :eek: :eek:!! :D :p

14. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

i agree.. i vote for those guys... cept king cobra can be kidna harsh sometimes ;) ;) ...

that guy xg5.. he was one immature kid.. has anyone seen this post? http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2505

we should split it up into two categories..

15. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!

please define the word "Flamer" as used in this fourm, I am VERY CONFUSED!

:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

16. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

It's AlphaTech, without question! :D

Lister: "Brutal." :p

17. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

18. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!

A flamer is like a hater... They are just angry people letting out steam at someone's general direction.

If I were to flame you for your post, I would say something like this (and I don't really mean what I'm about to say):

<flame>
    Look, you stupid idiot. You don't even know what a $&%@ing flamer is! WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM!!! You shouldn't even be on these threads... It's idiots like you that #*$% up MacRumors...
    </flame>

Now, of course, I don't really mean this :p

Of course, not all flamers are as vulgar or violent. Others just insult people's intelligence in long, written out posts...

If I did, you'd say something nasty back, and a flamewar would start...

I hope this info helps to define in general what a flamer is...

19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Now you got ME confused, electing XG5 as a flamer when it looks more like XG5 should be elected "Biggest/Quickest Grease Spot".

20. vniow macrumors G4

Well I was going to count myself in, but alas, I am but a Princess and not a flamer like what's being described here.
    I do vote for Alpha however. He's so cute when he's mad.
    :p

21. King Cobra macrumors 603

Can we change the theme of this thread to "Flamers and Grease Spots"? :D :p

Flamers: A person who engages in issues personally in a rather prominent and arrogant method.

However, when executed correctly, it's called "total anhiliation". :D :rolleyes:

edvniow, were you in a flamewar?

22. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Hell, why not just change it to "AlphaTech"! :p :D :rolleyes: ;) :eek:

23. vniow macrumors G4

Not in a major one, but I've battled with Alpha from time to time. Just wait till my sig says Macrumor's #1 Drag Queen, then I'll be a full fledged flamer. :)

24. job macrumors 68040

job

What about spammers? :D

Attached Files:

25. King Cobra macrumors 603

And I thought your inquisitions were f!!!ed up, chitman!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.