Macrumors Celebdaq League!

Discussion in 'Community' started by sethypoo, Jun 12, 2004.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Hey all,

I have discovered one of the funnest sites second only to Macrumors: Celebdaq!

Celebdaq is based on the stock market Nasdaq (hence the name Celebdaq), except for two key differences: it costs you nothing, and you trade stocks in celebrities. I was first introduced to it by a friend at work, and since I have become addicted.

I'm sure some of you over in the UK or elsewhere than the US have heard of this really neat site. In America, it is largely unknown.

I thought it would be neat to start up a league within Celebdaq for Macrumors members. If you're interested, go to Celebdaq and sign up, then post your User ID number, which is given to you at signup, on this thread.

In the league, you'll be able to see other Macrumors members' progress and gains, as well as your own, and how you stack up against them.

Let the trading begin!
    :D

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Buddy, I've been playing for a year, and I don't know half the celebs listed. Its weird, but I pretty much won in my other league (I pretty much gave up because the league kept changing the rules around and such).

If you find that I need to start over again because my old score comes up when you add me to the league, then I'll simply re-register.

USER ID: 3184591

3. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, "buddy", you've been added.

Any other takers? Just put your user ID number here or send it to Mac_Daq@yahoo.com.

4. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

I didn't know you could add rules to a league.....what do you mean? Were you eliminated when you're weekly gain went below a certain point? :confused:

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Nope. Celebdaq kept making up new rules because people were getting insane dividends at the end of each week, and it ruined the game for the large majority of people (who were too dumb to figure out the strategy some of us used to make so much money). Think about David Beckham when the rumours of him getting traded to Real Madrid were floating around....and then eventually happened. Man, every paper, every front page, every sports paper had stories of Posh and Becks. The worst was Schwarzenneger. I think they stopped the madness.....his price went up into the hundreds ($500?), and the divis were too high, so people got £1 million so easily!

Oh, and always bet on Big Brother contestants. Phil Tufnell was gold when he played. :)