macrumors.com made me buy a ds lite

Discussion in 'Games' started by pcortez, Jun 19, 2006.

1. pcortez macrumors member

hey.
    semi-newbie here.

so i had this rule. wait a month if you think you really want something.
    well, since i have computer access at work, all i've done for a week was read nothing but ds lite threads, and after supposedly being on a budget [cuz i'm going on vacation for the 4th], i now own a ds lite and its currently charging.

came bundled with new super mario bros. and i can't wait to play.
    thanks to all the previous reviews and threads. i'll just have to extend that budget when i get back from travels.

damn all of you :)

2. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Your thread title completely describes what happened to me. :eek: :D I've hardly played it so far (got mine this last Saturday) but I'm really excited and have enjoyed it during the brief moments of play time.

4. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Got ya! I love mine... I've had it for about 10 days, and I have played it more, probable double, than my 16 month old PSP which I sold. The games are just so much fun, and I just cant get enough of Mario DS. Mariokart is next..

5. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

i know this was in some earlier thread, but i couldnt find it.
    when you go to pictochat or enter a game from the main menu, how do you get back to the main menu without having to shut down?

also, in pictochat, i don't think im connected, and i have an airport extreme with the correct kind of security, but i have yet to be prompted for the password. what's the deal?

thanks.

6. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I almost bought one last night, but luckily my wife was there to talk me down... we have other stuff to pay for first. :eek:

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

PictoChat is not online. Local only.

Get Mario Kart DS or Tetris DS or any other game that is online.

8. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

thanks. looks like macrumors.com is making me buy another game to try out this wifi stuff.

9. Motley macrumors 6502

You should sue macrumors, say for 30 million dollars.

10. 7on macrumors 601

7on

11. SodaPopMonster macrumors regular

There is a bundle with New Super Mario?

Yeh, add one to the list of lite-buyers. Is it significantly more comfortable to hold than the other?

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yes MR will do that to you.....now go buy a PSP:)

Bless

13. sethypoo macrumors 68000

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i hate nintendo for no logical reason at all, but the DS lite is dead sexy.

15. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Hahaha, pcortez! MacRumors has done the same to me, and I plan to buy a DS Lite Bundle in about 2 weeks. :D Happy playing!

16. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Macrumors.com is hypnotizing me into thinking I need a DS Lite. Help! :D :eek:

17. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

The bundle i bought was at Costco.

It came with New Super Mario Bros. and some extra stuff (game case which holds 3 securely, tassle-loop thing, touch-screen protector, headphones, and a glow in the dark stylus)

i don't care for the extra stuff, and the price came out to a regularly priced ds lite plus a regularly priced new super mario bros, but costco is wholesale, and they take ANYTHING back, no reasons, no time limit, etc.

it's like going to a major retailer and buying a protection plan.
    for example, my sister broke her digital camera she bought 2 YEARS AGO. she returned it, got full credit back and bought a bitchin new camera.

anyways, back to a question i posted and didnt get answered.

how do you return to main screen from pictochat or a ds game's main menu without having to shut off?

thanks everyone

18. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I don't think there is a way. And I find that annoying... But has anyone ever USED pictochat for real?

19. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

You can't.

Wait until you get Metroid Prime:Hunters, and Mario Kart. Just got Tetris DS last night and the wife and I were up late playing.

Great little system.

20. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Add another guy to the list... As a matter of fact, I traded in my PSP (which was gathering dust) along with the memory stick, all the games, etc. and got a DS Lite with...

New Super Mario Bros.
    Mario Kart DS
    Animal Crossing: Wild World
    WarioWare: Touched

And I have to admit, I like the DS SO much better than my PSP, and have probably already logged more hours on the DS (in one week) than I did on the PSP (in almost a year). Hands-down, the DS Lite is a better system in terms of really fun gameplay. Sure you can do the whole music/video thing on the PSP, but honestly, who wants to?! :confused: :rolleyes:

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Tic Tac Toe on PictoChat is quite fun. You can recall the last picture sent and add in X's and O's. :D

22. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Way to make me feel like a total loser, people. I've only got a "classic" DS... but I'm still playing Mario Kart, which I bought when it first came out. The thing I love about DS games is that they're fun to play even if you only have 15 minutes or so. Really good for those short breaks during the day.

23. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Exactly! When I owned a PSP, I felt like I had to devote an hour or more to it feel like I accomplished anything. With the DS Lite, I can just boot up real quick and play, even if I only have five minutes. Nintendo is cool like that, they have games you can play for five minutes, and games you can play for five hours.:D Go Nintendo!

24. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I don't have a Lite either :(

Five minutes...isn't that about the time it takes to load a game on PSP? ;) j/k PSP owners, don't hurt me!