Macrumors Forum App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by brengla, Mar 22, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Can someone write a Macrumors forum app? Scrolling through pages and pages of the forum isn't too much fun on the small screen. A wee app that made it iPhone size would be awesome!

Any volunteers? ;)

2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There is iPhone formatting here. Bottom left of every window.

3. macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I've been trying to find it for a while. I googled it too. How do you get to it?

EDIT: Right before I posted, you edited it and added the last sentence. Thanks!

4. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Never knew there was a mobile version of MacRumors.. that'll make surfing MacRumors from my iPhone much faster.

6. macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's really not worth it. I've used the mobile version like three times, it's crap.

7. macrumors 604

jmann

It wouldn't go that far to say that it's crap. But it's good at what it does. I enjoy using it on occasion. :)

8. macrumors 604

ravenvii

Sorry guys, but I have to agree, it's crap. I actually prefer to browse the full site, despite the pain.

MacRumors. App. NOW. :D

Or at least do a massive revamp of the mobile site so it's more iPhone friendly, not just mobile-friendly, if you know what I mean.

9. Guest

Surely

I created a similar thread with a poll about this back in July 2008, and it got a pretty harsh response. The poll result was pretty close though: 55-52 for the App.

I still think it would be a great idea. Anything that could help to make my MR and MRF browsing experience better on the iPhone would be cool.

10. macrumors 6502a

11. macrumors 65816

Rojo

I remember that poll, and the negative response. Never understood why people were against it.
    Frankly, I'm not crazy about the mobile version, and the full version on the phone is a pain. So yes, I'd very much welcome a made-for-iPhone app (native or web).

12. macrumors member

Same , would like one also.

Apps like that are extremely useful and helpful. Example there's a latest chatty app for Shacknews.com that makes the comments and threads posts much , much easier than trying through the browser directly.

13. macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Agreed, I would like to see a MR app. I don't see why people would be against it. It's a PITA to browse the site on my iPhone, and the mobile version of MR just blows. The iPhone friendly version of the site isn't that great either, sometimes some threads will be wider then all of the others and the page gets messed up. I'd be willing to pay for a MR app. The question is wether or not Apple would approve such an app.

Don

14. Guest

Surely

What a difference a year makes..........

:)

15. macrumors G3

NT1440

The problem for me is im an avid abuser of the NEW POSTS button, probably why you always see me around.

From what ive seen the mobile version doesnt have that.

16. macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

Surprising that your poll would come so close...who would be against making an app that we would all benefit from?

17. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Latest Forum Topics?

Oh, guess that's only for new threads. Sorry...