MacRumors Forum Turtle Like

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Huntn, Apr 26, 2012.

1. macrumors G3

Huntn

FYI for about the last week, while my overall internet connectivity is normal, but my connection to MacRumor's Forums operates at a crawl. Is something going on there? Sometimes I wait for minutes for a new forum page to load. One of my techniques to speed things up is to stop the page load, then renew it. To reconfirm, this is the only site I'm having this issue with.

2. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Seems fine to me.

3. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It's working fine for me. Have you cleared your browser cache?

EDIT: Also in Safari, if you bring up your Activity window, which link for MacRumors is holding things up?

4. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Have to say I've noticed that MR is pretty slow both yesterday and today, as well, (and is the only site which is quite that slow).

Actually, I had thought about starting a thread on the topic, and so, was pleased to spot this, before I did so.

5. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

What browsers are you using?

6. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is there a particular time from which you notice the performance problems?

7. macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I also think it's browser related for some odd reason. During these last couple of days MR has been really slow from time to time, with some complete freezes/stops when I just couldn't navigate the site anymore - but with a change of computer (and therefore also browser) everything was back to normal. So I figured it was just me and didn't bother telling anyone.

8. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

Opera and all versions of chrome cause this site to hang and their is no solution fix this. It all started with the forum upgrade back in February.

9. macrumors G5

Macman45

It's fine on Safari, but as suggested OP: Clear your browser cache...It usually helps things along. Can't say I've noticed any site slow down at all.

10. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

I had a clean install of both browsers and my cache is always cleared, a non issue for me and not the solution to a server issue.