MacRumors Forums, Macworld San Francisco 2007 Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 26, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With the holidays bringing in new Mac and iPod users, readers are reminded to register for our Mac Forums.

MacRumors' forums offer friendly assistance and lively discussion for both new and old Apple users. We also represent one of the largest Apple-focused forums on the Internet. Beginners can start in either the Mac Basics and Help and iPod/iTunes Discussion, or choose a topic-specific forum:

- Mac Pro & Power Mac
    - MacBook & MacBook Pro
    - iMac, eMac, Mac mini
    - Mac Applications
    - Mac OS X
    - Buying Tips

Meanwhile, MacRumors Spy provides a real-time view of the latest posts to the forum.

Macworld Expo 2007 takes place from January 8th-January 12th 2007. Steve Jobs will give the Keynote Speech on January 9th at 9am Pacific time. MacRumors will be there, as always, and provide live coverage of the keynote as well as ongoing coverage of the expo. This year, we will be incorporating near real-time photos into our live AJAX update system. Last year's MacRumors MWSF keynote coverage attracted over 100,000 simultaneous web visitors.

The forums should remain online throughout the keynote coverage and onward, as server capacity is being expanded to handle the additional traffic.

2. macrumors regular

Ktulu

Macworld SF 2007

My company is sending me to Flash Forward...which is being hosted by Macworld this year.I'll get both confrences in one trip. AWESOME!:D

3. macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I might have to take a "sick day" from school that day, I'm excited for MWSF, and always MacRumors has great coverage :).

4. macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Looking forward to the great coverage as always. Thanks for posting arn.

5. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Can't wait to see photos incorporated into the keynote coverage. Sounds awesome. And forums staying up throughout? Truly amazing.

For anyone planning to attend MacWorld this year, I've started a "roll call" thread. Post there to let us know if you're going.

6. macrumors regular

kcroy

Can't wait!

Jan 8th=Buckeyes win the National Championship
    Jan=9th thru 12th =Apple Suprises Galore

7. macrumors 68020

pknz

Woo! Photos nice...

So 2008 will be live video feed:cool:

8. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Using iChat Mobile, no doubt...

9. macrumors regular

I can't wait...This will be my first Macworld!

10. macrumors 6502

How have I never known about Macrumors Spy? Its quite neat.

11. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It's truly amazing how much this site has grown in just the (almost) two years I've been participating.

This year we'll have live coverage with photos!? ...absolutely brilliant.

I can't wait!

12. macrumors member

Gump

I am very excited to see OSU win on January 8th and see the big releases from Mac on January 9th!

I'm a PC user and a Mac fan....if they release a 12 inch MacBook Pro I'm making the official hardware switch!

13. macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I'm sooo excited for this macworld. It's like christmas 2.:D

14. macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, looks like my 4am MWSF annual vigil is coming up. I apologise to all in advance for my soon to be incoherent and cranky posts disparaging all those who post endless repeats of information we've already seen.

Just a rule to keep the MWSF thread nice and civil - if you think you've found new and pertinent information we've probably already seen it so check the thread by searching for some keywords from your info before posting.

Thanks.

15. macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

Can't wait. I secretly watch while I am at work.

16. macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Are we posting predictions here? Let's see...all the Macs are up to date in my opinion, except for the Mini, which could see a Core Two Duo update.

iTV is a given, as Jobs has already foretold its coming.

I believe Apple when they say that Leopard is due in Spring. So at MW, I expect we will hear updates on Leopard's development and how much developers love it, and there will likely be some jabs at Microsoft, and a showing of the David Pogue video which shows how Vista copied OS X elements.

Jobs will talk about how everyone loves the Get a Mac ads and will show a new one.

He'll talk about the success of the iPod line, point out that Gates took his advice in making a closed ecosystem with Zune, and possibly re-emphasize the increased sexiness of sharing an earbud versus beaming a song. He'll mention that the Shuffle has exceeded their wildest expectations, Nike Plus iPod is a critical and commercial success, and that Disney is thrilled with posting movies on iTunes.

Apple will introduce iLife and iWork 07, and iWork will include a spreadsheet App.

That's about all I'm expecting right now......

17. macrumors 6502

I can't wait!!! I still wonder who gives negative reviews on this story?! What is so wrong about this?

18. macrumors 68020

SeaFox

Actually, there's a thread already running here.

19. macrumors 603

aswitcher

See you at 4am Chundles. I have that whole week off ;)

I have a few grand to spend on a multimedia Mac. And some more for an iPhone (...whatever its called).

20. macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You mean they were ever anything else?

;)

21. macrumors 6502

Don't you mean OSU will TRY TO WIN...on January 8th.

GO GATORS!!!
    sadly...I'm leaving for the Czech Republic tomorrow at 9am. But I'm thankful for my SLINGBOX and MAC RUMORS for keeping me in touch with everything important in my life...APPLES AND GATORS!!!

CHOMP!

22. macrumors member

I wish time between now and the 8th will fly by because I would like to order me a Macbook but want to make sure no updates would happen before I do

It is just like waiting for Christmas again.

23. macrumors 6502a

Jan. 8: Florida Gators crowned BCS national champions completing the SEC's domination of the '06 bowl season (9 0f 12 SEC teams are in bowls :eek: )

Jan. 9: MacWorld 2007 (Steve wouldn't dare start this event until the Bowls were done)

Going to be an exciting week, can't wait.

24. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Great to hear about the enhanced coverage for MWSF this year - I will be one of the many who will be relying on MacRumors to keep me as up-to-date as possible. And then of course there's my lucky brother who will be there in person... :rolleyes: ;) :D

25. macrumors 65816

treblah

Sound like some really nice improvements.

So who's taking a personal day on the 9th? ;)