Macrumors forums RSS feed

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Manzana, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Jul 19, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    It would be nice to have this set to the new posts option. Is it available on this site already and I have not found it yet?
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Every post would be too much strain on the MR servers, I think...

But there are feeds for the front page news: feed://

And there should also be a feed for page two rumors: feed://
  3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    There's something that can give you the most recently posted-to threads, but not postings AFAIK.
  4. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Aug 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Subscribing to threads, right? I use that all the time. But is there a way we could have the exact same thing except using an RSS feed instead of E-Mail? That would be nice. It seems more fit fore something like this. This isn't a mailing list, after all. Of course, we could still have the option... maybe a preference in the user cp to change the method of subscribing which would also change your current subscriptions instantly, like changing a sig or tar. I would love this option!

llama :D
  5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    I'm not completely educated in the RSS field, but would it work with individual accounts? The "new posts" link is user specific, not universal for everyone.
  6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    vBulletin has pretty limited RSS stuff. And yes, it treats everyone as not logged in and ignores thread subscriptions. gives you the 15 newest threads, would do the same but limit it to MacBytes threads.

I like the MacBytes example, it brings you to the discussion page while the regular MacBytes feed beams you straight off to the outside article. For the rest, it doesn't add much. The regular Page 1 & 2 feeds offer more details, and for the "open" topic areas it's probably more convenient just look at the pages.
  7. MuSiq macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2003
    What about ?

Er, forgive me if I'm off topic. Haven't visited the forum for some time. Does the MacBytes news page have a feed (Safari has missed it), or will there be one? That page is my absolute #1 to check every day...
  8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles