Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We've finally launched our new theme and forum change!

Most of the data should have migrated over. If you notice any problems. Please let me know. This thread should be for bugs and issues related to the new theme. Or general feedback.

If you have tips or tricks that you want to share with other users, please post in Xenforo Tips and Tricks thread.

- Please update your avatar (everyone gets an avatar)
- Spy is disabled for the moment
- Some permissions are still rebuilding
- Some other indexes are also rebuilding

arn

Last edited:

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Any plans for retina avatars? Also, looks like rich text and unicode aren't supported in signatures anymore.
I wonder that as well... and perhaps in square form :)

Emoji are not supported at all on Xenforo, as was noted earlier in the testing.

Last edited:

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Don't care much for the fact that the new system is set to automatically alert me on the forums and via email when a reply comes in on any thread I post on. The only way to disable it is to go to Preferences in the User CP and turn it off.

I do like I get a pop up though when I do get an alert. Really nice.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Very well done on what seems to have been a relatively seamless transfer.

However, - just a few quick questions on what must be a very testing evening. Firstly, the marketplace section appears to be missing - or, at the very least, I can't seem to be able to find it.

Moreover, I am also unable to see the 'Private Forums' section - where might I find it, or is it the case that it hasn't been migrated fully yet?

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I was attempting to change the email address associated with my account here, but I was given a message that I do not have permission to do so.

Edit: I also set the option to not show online status, but this appears not to work? It is difficult to confirm if it is working as desired.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Don't care much for the fact that the new system is set to automatically alert me on the forums and via email when a reply comes in on any thread I post on. The only way to disable it is to go to Preferences in the User CP and turn it off.

Ok that didn't seem to work. I'll wait until the site caches are rebuilt like arn said and try again. My Watch keeps blowing up with emails from the forums. :eek:

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Is there a way to make it so you don't automatically watch a thread when you post in it?

Edit: never mind, figured it out.

Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I was attempting to change the email address associated with my account here, but I was given a message that I do not have permission to do so.

Edit: I also set the option to not show online status, but this appears not to work? It is difficult to confirm if it is working as desired.

Please try again

Reactions: yaxomoxay

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Clearly using the circular mask for avatars isn't working for me. I know it's "in" right now, but it will be "out" at some point.

Also, can't log in without disabling extensions, boo.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Ok that didn't seem to work. I'll wait until the site caches are rebuilt like arn said and try again. My iPhone keeps blowing up with emails from the forums. :eek:

Sorry about that. Those settings were supposed to move forward with you from vB.

Go here, and maybe turn of email subscriptions for threads en mass. See if that does it for you: https://forums.macrumors.com/watched/threads/all

arn

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I see signatures are still limited to 200 characters... disappointing. I was hoping this would change with the smaller size.

Edit: Nope, since my post it's been lengthened!

Last edited:
Reactions: yaxomoxay
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.