MacRumors Getting Lazy?

Discussion in 'Community' started by gorbok, Jun 24, 2005.

1. gorbok macrumors member

What happened to MacRumors.com? When I first started coming here there'd be an update three times a day. Even if it was something like "Steve Jobs Gets New Toothbrush: Possibly With Flexible Head". Now they have the same article on the main page for days.
    As I wait for my new iBook I check this page constantly to see if updates are coming. All I'm asking is that somebody spends the majority of their time looking up pointless, mildy Apple-related information to put on the site solely for MY benefit? Is that really too much to ask?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You could always just bookmark My Apple Menu where some guy does exactly that several times a day... most useful!

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

It goes in waves. There are active phases, and not-so-active phases. Now is a rather slow time for Apple. I don't think it has much to do with MR getting lazy, it's just a slow rumor period.

4. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

yeah summer is generally a slow period... really slow.. though random updates may happen like when the 4g ipods came out last summer... so that was a random jolt of "rumorness' haha... :rolleyes:

5. narco macrumors 65816

narco

I usually just check Macbytes.com which is part of Macrumors. Updates many times a day.

Fishes,
    narco.

6. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Check out macminute. several times every day they have something, even if it's just software info from mac developers.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well Steve Jobs did get himself a personal shredder and hired a Latino to personally drive his garbage to the dump, so it's a little harder to steal his trash curbside to get the latest scoops.

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

There's always CARS if you want Apple rumors when there aren't any rumors out.

9. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

Thanks for the link - looks funny.

"Crazy Apple Rumors Site has confirmed that the company will offer a version of OS X that will run on Intel-based hardware from any vendor. The operating system is expected to run just as poorly as Windows but with fewer applications."

EDIT - Just read some more on that site - VERY, VERY FUNNY!

Back to the thread - I would have expected the early July special Apple announcement to be a front page item.

10. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I liked the Steve Jobs firing bit. I wish the Steve would have the Apprentice show. Release your anger Steve Jobs and put Intel chips in your hardware. Install your OS on Dells. Strike Bill Gates down with all your might and your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

11. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Agreed.

MacRumors used to actually post rumors on a frequent basis. Now it seems like the only stories you see are quasi-rumors like the Intel switch, which had already been reported by the mainstream media.

I love this site, but I have to admit it's changed since I joined in 2001. Perhaps it's a fear of being sued by Apple or just a lack of good leads, but it seems as if MacRumors is getting scooped by everyone nowadays.

12. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, actually I have a list of pointless topics (some Apple related) that I can think of to feed the so hungry wasteland. The "overmasturbation" thread was a complete success I remember :D

But I do suggest you to join a gym as I am doing right now and get in shape until the new iBooks come out. ;)