Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For today's giveaway, we've teamed up with Ultimate Ears to give MacRumors readers a chance to win a limited edition UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker. Called "Lost Time," the speaker has a colorful, abstract design that was created by Australian artist Reka.

Available for $199.99, the same price as all of the UE Boom 2 speakers, the Lost Time version is available in limited quantities. Ultimate Ears is also selling "Rabbit Eye Movement" and "Fresh Cut" limited edition speakers with unique designs.

Aside from its look, the Lost Time UE Boom 2 is the same as other UE Boom 2 speakers, offering high-quality sound in a portable package. The UE Boom 2 line is waterproof with an IPX7 rating, meaning it can be taken to the beach, the pool, or used in the shower, and it's also shockproof so it'll survive drops up to five feet. The built-in battery will last for up to 15 hours.

ultimateears-800x625.jpg

We reviewed the UE Boom 2 back in November and found that it puts out a lot of sound for its compact, size, which is equivalent to a water bottle. The UE Boom 2 also benefits from the UE Boom app, allowing multiple speakers to be linked together.

ueboom2losttimedesign-800x504.jpg

We're giving away one Lost Time UE Boom 2 to a lucky MacRumors reader. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prize.

You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page. Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter.

The contest will run from today (May 6) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on May 13. The winner will be chosen randomly on May 13 and will be contacted by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Limited Edition 'Lost Time' UE Boom 2 Speaker From Ultimate Ears

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
Awesome, I entered. But... it didn't ask me for my e-mail address or to login. So how does it even know who I am? Phantom, blank submissions, is this how this "sweepstakes" is setup?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Awesome, I entered. But... it didn't ask me for my e-mail address or to login. So how does it even know who I am? Phantom, blank submissions, is this how this "sweepstakes" is setup?

It asked me for email or FaceBook login... are you already logged into FaceBook on your Mac?

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
It asked me for email or FaceBook login... are you already logged into FaceBook on your Mac?
Work computer, wasn't logged in I can confirm as I immediately went to reply to a post after and it asked me to login. Think something weird with my account as I had to reset password/update e-mail. Most likely a problem on my end.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I gotta say, I love my UE Boom 2! It's awesome and I would love to have another one around the house.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
So let me see, those that wish to use Twitter and Facebook gain an advantage over those that do not. Hmmm So let me see, a guise designed to promote the product on socials services and pretend it is a contest. Uh nice device but no thanks. I have no intention of being a lemming and running to social outlets to promote. MR should be above that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So let me see, those that wish to use Twitter and Facebook gain an advantage over those that do not. Hmmm So let me see, a guise designed to promote the product on socials services and pretend it is a contest. Uh nice device but no thanks. I have no intention of being a lemming and running to social outlets to promote. MR should be above that.
Promote what and how/why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.