MacRumors God

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by madamimadam, Feb 18, 2002.

1. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Sooooo..... where can I send my credit card details to get this title as well?
    ;) ;) ;)

2. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

3. madamimadam thread starter macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Well, I must say, I am pretty proud to be a "Mac Rumors Regular" but how you must feel to have a title like that.
    :)
    LOL

4. denhur macrumors newbie

hmmmm

i believe buying somethig in the macrumors store can make it possible.... automatically

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Right you are... but I dunno... seems more fun to me to work at getting that 6502 status... ;) (and I don't even wanna THINK of 65816.... eyelikeart you have WAY too much time! :D )

6. Xapplimatic macrumors 6502

Xapplimatic

I just want to know if we get to pick which one of the cool graphics we get for our avatar when we hit enough messages.. (300?) I'd personally like an animated gif which shows my ibook sideways, chomping on PC tower casings!!

7. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Impressive # of posts.

I've got to say that I'm impressed at the number of posts some people have on these forums. I'm trying hard to reach Avatar status--actually regular would be good--but it takes a serious commitment.

Or maybe its just my lack of creativity. Its hard coming up with responses to all those posts! :)

Matthew

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

9. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

# of posts

I have a lot of posts... but that does not make me spechal. I just have a job that give me time to wast on Mac stuff and I have been registered here for a while now. If Ihave to work with a WinBox on my desk, at least I can talk to MacHeads!! I am kinda looking forward to getting an avatar :)

10. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

getting pretty close there evil. now was that you i saw at serial junkie? we always seem to be bumping into eachother around the net.

11. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

The Numbers

Could someone run the rank numbers by me?

12. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Yeah...It probably was me on serial junkie :) I have been know to post there at times. that is funny that we run in to eachother on the net... I mean.. the net is a very big place to be running in to eachother. It not as simpple as running into some one you went to high school with in your home town at a bar. I guess Mac heads all hang out in the same places :)

13. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I am happy with my status!

NOW GET DOWN AND PRAY

My spelling is CRAP!

Ensign

14. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

But I don't have my Fangs in.

Prey on whom?:D

15. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

To the Mac Rumor gods.

I don't really thinks its fair to get macrumor god status through money!

Ensign

16. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Yeah.

It'd be nice if that "6502" was a "Hero" or "Legend" if we're gonna call the patrons Demi-Gods and the sysops Gods.

17. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

18. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

19. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Right now, you can't buy your way into god status... unless you buy the whole site....

"gods" may be recruited in the future... as need arises... but for now we're doing alright...

arn

20. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Re: The Numbers

0 posts = Newbie
    30 posts = Member
    100 posts = Regular
    500 posts = 6502
    1000 posts = 65816

21. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

how about "Promethian"?

There must be an appropriate legendary title that works for the mere mortals above "regular".

22. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

SC2K

Does anybody remember Sim City 2000, with all the neato little awards at different population levels? I wonder if 1000/macrumors 65816 is the equivalent to an Arcology or not? I'll just be happy when I reach 30 and lose this newbie thing! I know I just joined last Saturday (2-16-02), but I've been reading the rumors for almost a year now, and newbie is sooooo degrading.

23. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

Re: SC2K

:) i think weve all been there stoid. but if u just joined last saturday and are already at 20 posts, i think you have nothing to complain about. you will be knocking on art boy's door in no time.

if we wanted to get deep into nerdy nostalgia we could compare each level to a different SimCity2000 goal, with those higher level processor numbers corresponding to various arcologies. now if i remember correctly (which there is a high probability i dont) the 6502 then would correspond to the first arcology which was that nasty black one... anyone wondering whats after 1000? a 2000 mark? a 3000 mark? guess we'll have to wait and see.

24. spikey macrumors 6502a

When will you little ****heads learn that its quality that counts and not quantity.

25. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

spikey: o i think we all know about quality vs quanity. its just fun to look at the number of posts since its something that can be kept track of.

of course maybe i am wrong about "we all know about quality vs quantity." if you take a look at the thread about who has the best posts and threads you will notice most people seem to pull the "best" directly from the top poster's list.

and then we have these kids who come around and start posting tons of stupid meaningless posts on every thread in what is clearly an attempts to have lots of posts. i think the best example of this is this krosfyter kid. have you seen some of the threads this guy has posted on? he responds to every single post with some thing like "thats neat" "can you tell me more" "ooohh i didnt know that" little useless one liners. its a post by someone then krosfyter then a post by someoneelse then krosfyter. the guy drives me nuts. (and some of you thought artboy got annoyying at times with his endless posts... at least eyeboy has something good to say 9 times out of 10!)

so if these are the starstarstarstarheads you are talking about spikey then you definitely have a point, and if you want to run and get something started with them then please do.