MacRumors iPod???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by danielsan26, Nov 16, 2005.

1. danielsan26 macrumors regular

I really think that the "powers that be" here should consider using this program to create an ipod that would look something like this:
    [​IMG]
    (obviously there are people here who could run photoshop rings around me, but that was just a rough job)
    I'm planning on buying a video 'pod soon, and I would even pay above sticker to have an awesomely engraved one like this. Or it could be a raffle-type promotion here to raise funds. Or reward the mods for all their hard work. Just an idea, but if the "one time logo setup fee" isn't outrageous, it could be a huge boon to MR and a collector item.

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

This looks like it should be in the feedback section. Nice idea though :)

3. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

i can only second that! Great idea ;)

4. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

5. mills04 macrumors member

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

its a cool idea but i don't think apple will be too happy about promoting a rumor site.....

7. danielsan26 thread starter macrumors regular

They're a business....as long as the money gets paid I think they'd put the MS logo :eek: on the back......maybe....

8. lolex macrumors member

lolex

:eek: does Apple has restriction on certain logos ?

9. danielsan26 thread starter macrumors regular

Another idea......a certain amount of MR team folding units gives you the opportunity to purchase a MR ipod....I'd get folding quick even with my wimpy G4 PB :D

10. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

MR is approaching 2000000 posts (just shy of 1.9 million as I write) - could it be the prize for the 2 millionth poster? I remember the prize for the 1 millionth post was a demi status, and a custom avatar - won by edesignuk. Now that we have so many demis and a lot of +500 posters the mods will have to think of something special. Just a thought.

11. danielsan26 thread starter macrumors regular

I like the idea, but unless they were doing something like Apple and giving away one for every 100000 posts leading up to it, it wouldn't make any sense to pay the logo setup fee for just ONE customized ipod. Although it would be one highly prized ipod. I think it would have to be something where they're either resold or used to sell contributorships because they'd probably be ordered in bulk. Unless the people who run the place have a lot more dough sitting around than I envision....

12. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

How much is the set up fee?. Not a bad idea to have them discounted if you contribute though I hadn't considered that.
    Maybe MR could auction it.
    & no I don't think they have that much money sitting around.