Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, May 22, 2002.

1. macrumors 68020

mymemory

Please ARN, can you close the site from 9am to 6pm eastern time?

I'm glad I'm not at school any more because I would fail all my test already.

Help!

2. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So true, so true.

But all us slackers need the site to be open 24 hours a day. Besides, even if you could get the aussies to agree (they're mostly sleeping then anyway) all the europeans would be up in arms.

3. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

NOOOO!!!!!!!

the pain would be.....just.....too......MUCH!!!! :eek:

if it weren't for this website....I'd have everything finished last week...ha ha ha!!! :D

4. macrumors 65816

cleo

Tell me about it.

Because of my Quest for 500, I very well might be the first MR member to fail "American National Government" at a freaking community college. How embarrassing. :D

5. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Tell me about it.

maybe u should write them a letter illustrating how important gaining avatar status is in your quest for completely understanding what a senate is all about at macrumors?? :D

6. macrumors 65816

cleo

Re: Re: Tell me about it.

LOL. I do have to write a research paper... :D

7. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

ha. i'm just putting off everything. cleaning my room. calling places about jobs. doing other stuff. even golfing. wow....

8. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Tell me about it.

hello! just plagiarize the politics thread!!!! ha

9. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    just one more post and i'm gonna quit.....

yea, this forum stuff is drug-like in it's addictiveness...

my name is 3rdpath and i'm a macrumor addict.

but i COULD stop posting anytime i wanted to, really! its just that i don't feel like stopping...and besides, i'm not hurting anyone else.....

10. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: Re: Tell me about it.

then perfect!! :D

u should include macrumors in your "works cited" page... ;)

be sure to include the thread names of which u spent the most time in...

11. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

speaking of jobs, what ever happened at the interview, was it yesterday or monday?

12. macrumors 68030

Hemingray

:::looks up at the clock::: Ohhh... yeah... I'm supposed to be working right now!! :( :rolleyes: :mad: :p ;) :cool: :D

13. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

the guy was really cool and it was pretty much a self made place. small little place that did transfers and weddings and even just did a making of some movie for hbo....

however, he didn't really have anything he could offer me. i could tell he was trying, but nothing really available. so, i'm kinda on call with him. if he needs help with a wedding or something, and i'm around, i'll probably do it. no talk of money or anything. he also uses a pc with premiere. yuck. but hey, i don't blame him. he's cool.

my brother emailed me a bunch of phone numbers for video places from the frederick, md county phone book. i just really hate calling those places... i mean, what do i say? "uhh, can i have a job?" ahhh, it sucks.

14. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

Cold calling sucks, but don't let it stop you, you never know. Besides any experience you can get is better than sitting around posting on MacRumors and listening to your mother complain about not having a job......

15. macrumors 68030

britboy

Yes, cold calling isn't the easiest way of looking for a job, but it gives you something to impress a potential employer with immediately: initiative.

That said, i wouldn't do it myself either.

I spend way too much time here for my own good. This site is going to be my ruin! I just can't get enough of it, i love you guys! (and gals, or course) :D :D

16. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

I would have to go medevial on your a$$ if that happened.

Besides, how am I supposed to fill the slow time at work?? You need to see the threads all day in order to catch them these days. With how fast they appear on the main site, and then move off if no one posts to it, to make room for other threads.

You would probably have all but one of the registered users of this site coming after you if it was closed down for those hours (in the area of 5000 people at last count?). I know that I would be one of them. :D

17. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

indeed. well... gotta do what i gotta do.

off to call and then star wars tonight probably....

yes.

18. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

Cool, I'm going to see StarWars tomorrow night. There's a theater in the area that's showing it on a digital projector. I've never seen one at the theater on digital, should be interesting, digital movie, digital projector. I hope its worth it.

I'll have to go see it again next week on a regular large screen and see what the differences are. Besides, need to work on my SW quotes.

19. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

nah....u would never do something like that to anyone... ;)

20. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

Maybe I should have said postal, but I was thinking more along the lines of Pulp Fiction level beatings... :D...

I saw on the Discovery channel the other night (while testing my 60GB Travelstar drive) what AP rounds to do human body models... eeeeeesh... entry wound is small, but there is a hole the size of a basketball (or just under) where it comes out. Talk about nasty... I like it... Finally a way to visualize the damage with real imagry. :D

Yes, I am one sick f*cker at times.... :D

21. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I bet u were one of those kids who would use a magnifying glass to kill ants & other insects...

actually...I was one of them...ha ha ha... :D

22. macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

Cool, good luck!

I went to see ep2 last night. The cinema had dts, but i was sat to one side :( I'll probably go again tomorrow night, and sit in the middle, just to get the proper sound :p

23. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ants and a magnifying glass got a little boring after a while. I do remember a friend of mine finding a hornets nest in the ground - just a little hole in the ground about the size of a quarter and thought it would be fun to poor a bucket of water in the hole to see what would happen.

Out of curiousity, all the neighborhood kids gathered round to watch this amazing feat of fearlessness (except me, I was farther back than anyone else). He picks up the bucket, moves it right to the edge of the hole and pours it in, not dropping the bucket immediately. Of course once its empty he dumps and runs, along with all the other kids, yelling and screaming. We get back into my house and everyone is whining and complaining about all the bee stings they got, except me. My grandmother ended up treating everybody that day, it would be interesting to talk to them all and see if anyone remembers it.....

24. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I know...

a few years later I went through my destructive, "set sh*t on fire" stage...

my mom was less than thrilled during those years... :eek: ;)

25. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Macrumors just won't let me work!!!

Nahhh... I never thought that small... I would make napalm type bombs (plastic bottles of gas) and toss them at insect hives and such. Considering how you could do it from a distance, and not get stung, it is better then dumping water or using the magnifying glass... with the glass, you only get one, with the gas, you get many.

As I said... one sick f*cker :D but I am 'better' now.... heh heh heh heh