MacRumors .Mac group!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wrxguy, Sep 20, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

anyone start a MacRumors .Mac group? that might be kind of cool, another way to share info and such with other MR folks

2. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

I might be missing something (honest, I'm not terribly familiar with all the features of .Mac groups) but wouldn't it be redundant to setup a info sharing page via .Mac for a set of people who know each through an existing message board?

3. wrxguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

yes it probably would be, but it is an easy way to share pics and other stuff similar to that...I think I just got excited about the whole .Mac Groups thing and kind of over reacted :(

4. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

Yeah, that is one thing. MR's attachment size limits wouldn't be an issue in a .Mac group. However, MR has like 20,000 users or something insane. It would be difficult to manage and that 1 GB would fill up mighty fast. Might be a good idea for small groups of MR members (small clicks) wanting to share photos or movies.

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

jsw has set one up – apparently a place for us all to meet up and fret if Macrumors ever goes down... :)

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I snagged it... just to keep shady characters from getting it.

Might be useful during MWSF or WWDC when MR is essentially shut down. For now, though, I just wanted to keep the name safe.

7. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

Groups are limited to 999 members right now. Oh, and you can't add storage to it, at least not yet anyway. I read this on Apple's .mac groups faq.

8. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Good thinking.
    Looking forward to the first Mac-event MacRumors-group chat :cool:

9. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

I don't really get it...

I don't find this useful at all. I mean most of the people I know are PC users. I don't see why you should have to sign up for a .Mac account. Anyways I find this completely useless! I do however like the updated storage.

Nuc