macrumors members meeting @ macworld expo

Discussion in 'Community' started by r6girl, Jan 5, 2005.

1. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i haven't noticed any similar thread like this (specifically to plan a meeting), and since the start of the expo is almost upon us, i thought i'd throw something out there. i'm totally excited to go to macworld expo (which i'm sure i would not be able to do if i didn't live locally), and thought it might be nice for any macrumors members who are going to meet up. i'm thinking of prior to the keynote speech or perhaps for lunch on another day...

this will be my first keynote speech, and i'm guessing the line to get a good seat will start early. i propose meeting on tuesday morning at a nearby starbucks (as i'm sure i will need some caffeine at that time) - at 201 3rd street (at the intersection of 3rd and howard), which looks like it's half a block from the moscone center, at say, 7:00 am? i am hoping that will be early enough to get into at least the front half of the room, though i could do earlier if needed. i plan on picking up my badge the night before so i won't need to worry about it before getting in line for they kenote.

or perhaps meeting for lunch on wednesday? i'll just be wandering around the expo hall after the presentations in the morning on that day...

anyone interested? please rsvp by posting here - i'll skip hanging out at starbucks on tuesday morning if no one else plans on going.

um, for the record, i'm happily married and just thought it would be nice to get together with some macrumors members... :D

marianne

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah I wouldn't mind going at all, but a 4-hour drive to get to the Moscone Center just doesn't seem worth it. Sucks cause I haven't been to a MacWorld for close to 10 years. My dad will probably be there, but I'm not sure which day he's planning on going.

3. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Good call to add that... You might have ended up with a few hundred lonely guys... :eek:

4. r6girl thread starter Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

less than 24 hours to go... gee, are there any macrumors members even going? there must be others!

marianne