Macrumors Nike+ February Challenges

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Attached Files:

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My left big toe is one big blister after yesterday's walk/run. I definitively need some better running shoes if I'm going to try a bit of running and not just walk from now on... :eek:

Anybody know if Nike will come in a offroad/waterproof running Nike+ shoe...? I asked at the sports shop I got the Nike+ module, and they said "sure" in a very distrusting tone...

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

start saving your nickels and dimes....:D

i'm not sure. i have Nike Men's Air Max Azulikeit +

i like the waffle tread. i never run on the roads, and they've done pretty good so far i think.

5. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Thanks Mr. A for setting up the thread.

Saw the 1 mile and 10K, but the 5K one disappeared from LikeTom...was there another 5K challenge that I missed the boat on? nike+ name ---> ziwi

Any idea what the total group mileage ended up at for January? Just wondering if the group can best that in a shorter month this time.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah thanks Mr. Anderson for doing all this. :cool:

someone else started the fastest 5k event. i kinda forgot who started it though. we'll have to look at the other thread to find out

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm pretty stoked that I got 36 miles in last month, and hoping to do the same/better in February. Like the others have said, I'm doing much better thanks to these challenges. Though today I about died at the end, since I lowered my overall pace by 1 minute/mile. Now I'm pooped.

8. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

keep your head up :) it's only the first day of the month ;)

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

ok, so i had a pretty good run today. it was cold, and based what others said about your fastest mile had to be your first, i decided to run a little harder for the first mile of my 10k. i was planning on going about 6:45 for the first mile...

but i ended up running 5:48:eek: and i slowed down a little bit, but kept it going pretty good the rest of the run. i averaged 6:17 per mile for the total run.

my legs are tired now though

10. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Forgive me if everyone else has noticed this, but I *think* it's pretty new. There's now a feature to map your runs within the nike+ site. It's pretty cool, but I haven't messed around with it too much, since my runs lately have been on a treadmill.

Attached Files:

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i noticed that today also. today was the first time i've ever seen it. i don't think i'll use it much though

12. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

It's pretty cool, so far, actually. You can assign each run to a route, and then sort your runs by result...so I can see how well I do just on my "round the block" route vs. how I do on the treadmill. Plus, I was using the comments to keep track of this information (where the run occurred), and now I can use the comments for how I feel during or after the run, or the weather during it, or anything other random notes, like it should be used.

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i might give it a try. we'll see :)

14. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

no map features for me.. (australia) hrmmm

can I be added to the feb run?

nike+ name is "Cybix"

James

15. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Saving my nickel's and dimes for a car.

16. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

not a bad plan i guess. time for plan B.....have a girfriend? valentine's day is coming ;)

or a birthday coming up?

17. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I planned to get into the february challenge, but looks like I will be at a disadvantage, because my Nike + is still on the way. For the record, I ran about 4 miles today. Hopefully I will have it for saturday for the 10k road run I am doing.

18. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I didnt run today, but plan on 2 runs tommorrow.

19. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Here's what it looks like when you start out too fast and fade at the end. Usually I do a better job of pacing myself....stupid 1 mile challenge :p.

[​IMG]

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well I certainly hope not to bring up the ass this time!
    I may have to do more walking though than running, but hey movement is movement!

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, hopefully you'll get it soon. it'll help you in the race if it doesn't get in your way

as long as you make up for, we'll forgive you ;)

j/k, but it's good that you're making up for it :)

nothing wrong with that. at least you didn't quit. that's what matters. never give up ;)

hey, there's nothing wrong with walking. i've walked more than you think on here. keep your head up :)

22. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

It was pretty tough at the 25-minute mark, there was a little gremlin saying "it's OK if you walk for 30 seconds, or maybe a minute...". At which point I actually sped up a little, just to fight him off. If I'd had to go another 5 minutes, he might have gotten me.

:eek:

23. sreedy macrumors 6502a

WOW! Now that's a time to be beaten by! I knew you were going to post an impressive time but that's 1'06 faster! Not sure I can make much of that up..... I'm going to see how close I can get though!

I'm going for a 10k today to at least post a time, I'll be happing with something around 55mins so that I'll put me last of people who have done 10k but they only way is up after that!

24. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I don't have the map feature either, in the Community tabs. I'm connecting from CA...

25. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I know it's nice to have it with Nike+ site but Map My Run is a seperate site that I use to do exactly this. I use it to try and find myself new 5k and 10k routes so I don't get bored...... also means you never have to worry about it when you are out there.