Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
if I finish my programming at a reasonable time I will jog, if not I will make it up tomorrow.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
do you have a case on your nano? do you ever get sweat on the nano? not sure if this has anything to do with it, but i guess it could. i have a case for mine.

it's supposed to go into some kind of sleep mode when not in use i think

I have an invisible shield on it and when I run with it I usually have it in an incase sleeve as well. I guess it might still get sweat on it though. It was also 15 degrees here this morning - that shouldn't matter, but maybe it doesn't do well in the cold?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
if I finish my programming at a reasonable time I will jog, if not I will make it up tomorrow.

as long as you make it up.....;)

I have an invisible shield on it and when I run with it I usually have it in an incase sleeve as well. I guess it might still get sweat on it though. It was also 15 degrees here this morning - that shouldn't matter, but maybe it doesn't do well in the cold?

well it should be alright then. maybe just restart the nano if it messes up again? the cold shouldn't have anything to do with it either....

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well after changing quite a few songs on my itunes library that is synced with my nano, i lost over 3 miles when i plugged in the ipod. somehow it erased all my workouts that i had, including the new one. all because i erased some songs and added some different songs....:mad:

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
as both your and my experiences today demonstrate, this is not a perfect technology we're dealing with. But it's still fun. :)

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
Looks like I will not be in the top three this month as I though I would be. My Nike + might not come until the end of this week. For the record though, I have over 20 miles right now...
What are the current standings (or where can I find them), to see were I would fit in?

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
This thread is awesome. I'm a runner too, so I'll go buy my nike kit tommorow so i can join the group too..:)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Looks like I will not be in the top three this month as I though I would be. My Nike + might not come until the end of this week. For the record though, I have over 20 miles right now...
What are the current standings (or where can I find them), to see were I would fit in?

hopefully Mr. Anderson will update the first page of this thread with the standings, if he has time.

This thread is awesome. I'm a runner too, so I'll go buy my nike kit tommorow so i can join the group too..:)

sounds good :)

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset

That would put you around 4th-6th depending on exactly how many miles you have.....

Attachments

• Nike.JPG
    Nike.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 93

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
if you want to focus on interval training, and still get some distance in, try walking some to get more distance, so you can still get your intervals in

I've been walking too, part of a weights/cardio program.
Didn't want to use the Nike+ while walking..............but may as well.
I do a 20 minute walk on a treadmill at 8% incline 7.5 KPH speed.
suppose it's almost like running. I'll use the nike+ on the walk.

Hoping the interval training will get my speed up.
Thanks for the tip.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
A question for all of you ,

- What distance is good for you to run - 2/3/5/10K ?
- When do you like to run - AM-PM -Weekday's/Weekend's
- Do you like to run alone or do you like running with other people ?

as Baldrick would say i have a cunning plan:cool:

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
A question for all of you

- My default run is a 5k, anything else is a change of routine which I like every now and then.
- I generally run in the week with at lunchtime or early evening
- Until two weeks ago I ran alone and enjoyed it with my tunes but got stuck in a single pace that I couldn't improve. A few weeks running with some others and my times have improved greatly.... so to be honest I like both.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area

as Baldrick would say i have a cunning plan:cool:

I tend to run about 5M (8k) most weekdays with a long run on the weekends, but I'm trying to raise that. I prefer to run AM, but sometimes (especially weekends) I get lazy and leave it until later. I prefer running with others but rarely do it now that I'm out of college.

edit: once again the technology is failing me. Today the sensor lost the signal after 3.58 miles, somehow got it back for about .3 miles, and then lost it again. The result is my 5 mile running being cut to under 4. This is getting old, fast. What's the point if the sensor isn't going to record my whole run?

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
- I am usually over 5K but under 10K.
- I prefer to run over lunch, but have done in the wee morning hours and later in the day - weekdays and weekends - I try to run 5 days a week with 2 off to rest my old bones.
- I run both solo and with some coworkers, but I usually take additional loops as I am currently running farther than they do - either is fine for me.

My normal workout time is about 40 minutes - one weekend run of 60 minutes - so I usually run for a time and not necessarily a distance.

Here is another question for the morbidly curious - when you log in to Nike+ what are your lifetime (Nike+) stats? Today mine reads - 37 Runs 140.35 Miles all in a 9'15" pace (need to work on that pace) ;) Nike+ing since 12/21/2006

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
edit: once again the technology is failing me. Today the sensor lost the signal after 3.58 miles, somehow got it back for about .3 miles, and then lost it again. The result is my 5 mile running being cut to under 4. This is getting old, fast. What's the point if the sensor isn't going to record my whole run?

Do you frequently change songs while running? I have hit pause sometimes when changing songs or just trying to get the screen to light up to see where I am at and losing some distance. It is also fairly easy to pause or end the workout when you fiddle with the iPod while running - but that may be because mine is in a case already and the arm/wristband when running so it take alot to get a response.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
• Right now I'm at around 2.4 miles (3.86 km), and I'm working toward an ultimate goal of 4-5 miles (6.4-8 km) per day, 3-4 times a week.

• I run after I get off of work, around 4:30 p.m. Right now I'm running 3 days during the week, and, if I get up early enough, a run on Saturday mornings, before my gym closes.

• I don't currently have anyone that is around my pace, so I find it more comfortable to run alone. If I had someone at my same fitness level, or slightly faster/longer than me, I would enjoy running with someone.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

i don't run the same distance everyday. track workout on tuesdays (can't use ipod for the workout, only warmup and cool-down)
around 5.5-6.5 on wednesday mornings
around 6-7.5 on thursday afternoons
track workout on fridays
easy run on saturdays - around 5-6 miles
long run on sundays - around 9-10 miles
take mondays off of running

and i usually run with someone

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
does that mean we all run at the same time? If so, Saturday would be the best probably to encompass everyone.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
does that mean we all run at the same time? If so, Saturday would be the best probably to encompass everyone.

yeah i'm not sure what would be the best time.....but let us know a good week ahead of time, so we can plan for it....i got a feeling this weekend wouldn't be too good for me....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.