Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockingrick

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
I saved macrumors link to the home screen on my iPad Air 2. Every time I hit the link in home screen, it all ways opens safari and macrumours then automatically switch to the YouTube app. When I use the link in safari it's fine. Anyone knows why this is?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I saved macrumors link to the home screen on my iPad Air 2. Every time I hit the link in home screen, it all ways opens safari and macrumours then automatically switch to the YouTube app. When I use the link in safari it's fine. Anyone knows why this is?
What page are you trying to open on Macrumors? Are there any ads on the page? What YouTube video is playing?

It sounds like their is rouge advert.

rockingrick

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
What page are you trying to open on Macrumors? Are there any ads on the page? What YouTube video is playing?

It sounds like their is rouge advert.
Just the home page. YouTube opens to the splash screen then crashes no videos played

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Just the home page. YouTube opens to the splash screen then crashes no videos played
Please delete the home screen icon and re-add it. This should be fixed, but you have to reinstall the home screen icon

rockingrick

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Please delete the home screen icon and re-add it. This should be fixed, but you have to reinstall the home screen icon
Well, i have many times. I hold an icon until the apps squiggle and hit the x on the macrumors icon. I go into safari and go to www.macrumors.com, click the icon on top, then Add to home screen. Same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.