MacRumors Roundups for iPad Mini, 13-Inch Retina MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 19, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Last month ahead of the iPhone 5 launch, we rolled out the first in a new series of "Roundups", designed to be a one-stop location for readers to catch up on our up-to-date thoughts on Apple's upcoming product releases and updates.

[​IMG]
    With another Apple media event right around the corner, we've added new Roundups to include a significant number of products expected to see releases next week. Our new pages, all of which are accessible through the "Roundups" tab in the site navigation bar, include:

- iPad mini
    - 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro
    - iMac
    - Mac mini

We will be continuing to update each one in the days prior to the event, and will continue to add new roundups for additional products over time.

Article Link: MacRumors Roundups for iPad Mini, 13-Inch Retina MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini

2. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

These took a lot longer to get out then we had originally anticipated. There are also still a few bugs in the system (such as forum tab integration). Hoping to get these out much more ahead of time in the future.

arn

3. macrumors 6502a

I think Safari will run a lot snappier on the new iPad mini, 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac mini. :)

Seriously though, I'm most curious if there will be a quad-core processor in the Retina MacBook Pro, or if Apple will be cheapskates by putting a dual-core in there.

4. macrumors 68040

D.T.

- iPad mini to actually be 27"
    - 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro $99 starting price
    - iMac *laughs*
    - Mac mini, yes we have those ...

----------

Don't sweat it, love the round ups you guys do, linking some non-member friends out to these :cool:

5. Guest

Really looking forward to the iMac announcement.

Hope we get some design changes rather than spec bumps.

6. macrumors 6502

Is the updated "newer" iPad being left out? Aren't we at minimum expecting a lightning connector, and at most an A6, in-cell version possibly a little thinner and lighter?

7. macrumors regular

Hopefully we see an even bigger iMac.

I can dream.

8. macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I am shocked and outraged. No sign of the long anticipated levitating iMac redesign... :rolleyes:

9. macrumors member

This is definitely a Mac rumor overdose after months of silence. How about an iPhone 6-Roundup?

10. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Good see the additional roundups. I think this is going to be a very useful feature of MacRumors! :)

11. macrumors 68030

I can't wait to see the iPad mini. At the right price I will definitely be purchasing one.

12. macrumors regular

More likely: new ITUNES... Ipad mini 7inch and some textbook blabla

13. macrumors regular

iPad

14. macrumors 65816

My bet is they won't make this change until the next one comes out.
    Sort of like they did with the updated processor in the iPad 2.

15. macrumors member

Even though I will be buying the iPad mini when it is released, the most exciting thing for me is the new iTunes. Can't wait to download it!

16. macrumors newbie

I'm still a bit skeptical. Why would they release 2 iPads in one year? I believe that it's coming, but right now? hmmmm....

17. macrumors 6502

Why would you be skeptical? We have 11" and 13" Airs and 13" and 15" MacBooks, people want options! Now we'll have 7" and 10" iPad.

Apple is late to the 7" market which apparently quite a bit of people want. Just look at some of the more recent articles/forum threads, a decent amount of people saying at the right price they'd easily pick one or more up. I personally find my iPad 2 heavy after a bit of use. Not to the point where my arm is sore, just to the point where I'd maybe consider a Mini in the future.

18. macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I cannot wait until this keynote!

But I think I have an exam an hour after it starts =(

19. macrumors 604

Because they're different sizes. And different price ranges, the big question is whether they'll price the iPad mini cheap enough to really compete with the kindle fire 7 HD ($199). iPad is a strong product but this time around there's the potential for the mini to seem like a "me too" product, particularly if it has a lower resolution than the kindle, as expected.

20. macrumors member

Lost my faith

After the iPhone 5 scratches, going through several iPad 3 that were sent in for repairs and today buying a new nano only to have the paint peeling off around the screen and some paint bubbles on the back, anything new coming out from now I'm not looking forward to until they get there act together

21. macrumors newbie

How has the Apple wristwatch not been rumors for this event? It's coming, mark my words.

22. macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yea you're right, all these rumors and and invite. Definetly can't mean an iPad mini :rolleyes: What were we thinking?! :eek:

If only these 'problems' were the worst of problems in the world...

23. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

No. iPhone was right.

24. macrumors regular

Yes, but people want 7" mainly because it is cheaper and Apple and cheap where never synonyms. The ipad mini has only a real chance for widespread adoption if they start a prize war with the kindle fire so the only thing Apple can do is to be just slightly above the prize of the kindle fire, if the set prizes too high people will just by a kindle fire if the prizes are set to low, Apple will ruin their premium device image and the 10" ipad sales in the long run.

25. macrumors regular

Yeah, they couldn't possibly have killed the square nano for nothing. An iWatch makes total sense as a replacement.