Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last month, we revived our Roundups feature with new pages covering the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iOS 7, and Apple's rumored iWatch, offering a frequently updated one-page summary of the latest news and rumors about each product.

With the new iPhones and iOS 7 now launched, we're continuing to update those articles with information to help site visitors stay on top of the latest developments, but we're also launching a number of new roundups today to address Apple's upcoming iPad and Mac product launches expected over the next several months.

mac_pro_roundup_article.jpg

New roundups include:

- iPad 5
- iPad mini 2
- MacBook Pro
- Mac Pro
- iMac
- Mac mini

As with the original set of iPhone and iOS roundups, the goal of each of the new roundups is to simply answer the question of "What are you expecting" for any given product. That opinion is certain to change over time as new rumors are revealed, and the roundups will be updated regularly to reflect that. Roundups for recently updated products will also include details on the new models to help bring visitors up to speed on what they have to offer.

Our roundup index page continues to include a full list of our available roundups ordered by most recently updated. Roundups are also accessible directly through the "Roundups" tab in the navigation bar on all MacRumors pages. We will continue to update the existing roundups and add new ones for other products over time.

Article Link: MacRumors Roundups: iPad 5, iPad Mini 2, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro and More

Last edited:

gmcalpin

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2008
Somerville, MA
These new pages are GREAT. Thanks, MacRumors! I hope these are continually updated — and perhaps you could link to them from the Buyer's Guide?

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Will MacMini get Thunderbolt 2?

(Not that I need it but it sounds kind of cool!)

edit: corrected typo in "Thunderbold" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
I'm not sure why exactly, but for some reason I feel this Mac Pro will be the cheapest of all time. Small form factor means cheaper to produce. Consumer level advertising campaign. It just smells funny to me.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I saw that really big "Mac Pro" front page graphic and my heart stopped for a second....no....no....oh no....they didn't release it?....oh.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
"The iPad, iPad mini, Mac Pro, and iMacs are all due for refreshes, suggesting that a major October event could be in the works."

Nope

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I'm not sure why exactly, but for some reason I feel this Mac Pro will be the cheapest of all time. Small form factor means cheaper to produce. Consumer level advertising campaign. It just smells funny to me.

Except this one is made/assembled in USA, so it may be the most expensive one yet.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
I only hope

I hope I have enough money for the Macpro. My 2010 iMac needs to be retired or passed on to the children. unless I can get it functioning as a monitor. I need a proper production machine though.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Apple will be updating the displays when they introduce their 4K display, which will coincide with the new Mac Pro launch. The new Mac Pro is the first Mac with built-in support to drive 4K displays, and it can drive three of them. This will likely be a Retina-type display, roughly double the resolution of the current 2560x1440 displays.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I hope I have enough money for the Macpro. My 2010 iMac needs to be retired or passed on to the children. unless I can get it functioning as a monitor. I need a proper production machine though.

Sell it on eBay and put the money towards the new one. That is what I am doing!

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth

I'm thinking it'll start $500 cheaper.

btw, this thing in person look amazing. Can't snap pics.. stupid rules.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
"The iPad, iPad mini, Mac Pro, and iMacs are all due for refreshes, suggesting that a major October event could be in the works."

Nope

Thanks, we've been working on these for a little while and that bit from before Tuesday's release slipped through. :)

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Apple will be updating the displays when they introduce their 4K display, which will coincide with the new Mac Pro launch. The new Mac Pro is the first Mac with built-in support to drive 4K displays, and it can drive three of them. This will likely be a Retina-type display, roughly double the resolution of the current 2560x1440 displays.

I agree. The New Mac Pro is being advertised to edit 4K and run 4K displays. Apple will want to sell those displays along with the new Mac Pro.

Attachments

• macpro4k.png
    macpro4k.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 330
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.