MacRumors Roundups: What We Expect for the iPhone 5S, 5C and iWatch

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Last fall, we launched a series of roundups to help visitors more easily stay on top of the latest rumors for several of Apple's product lines, condensing months' worth of news and rumors into a single frequently-updated page for each product. For various reasons, those roundups fell out of date.

After taking some time to completely rework both the look and functionality, we are relaunching our Roundups feature today with coverage of the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, and iWatch. More roundups are coming soon to expand our coverage of Apple's products as the company heads into to a busy season of iPhone, iPad, Mac, and software updates.

[​IMG]
    The goal of each roundup is to simply answer the question of "What are you expecting" for any given product. That opinion is certain to change over time as new rumors are revealed, and the roundups will be updated regularly to reflect that.

Our roundup index page includes a full list of our available roundups ordered by most recently updated. Roundups are also accessible directly through the "Roundups" tab in the navigation bar on all MacRumors pages.

- iPhone 5S
    - iPhone 5C
    - iWatch

Article Link: MacRumors Roundups: What We Expect for the iPhone 5S, 5C and iWatch

2. macrumors newbie

does september count as fall?
    yeahhhh google it for me.

3. Guest

Sky Blue

Can't wait...

... to not have to see news articles about pics/videos of 5S casings.

4. macrumors 65816

Four oF NINE

I'm hoping this event is on AppleTV. iPhone 5S should be awesome.

5. macrumors 6502a

AppleMark

So are we now expecting iWatch to be showcased on the 10th? :confused:

6. macrumors regular

TimeSquareDesi

Although I am sure the 5S is going to be a stellar device, I'm waiting for iOS 7 to be released so I can install it on my year old, 64gb iPhone 5... It'll make the phone feel BRAND NEW again! :D

7. macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

what about iOS 10, iPhone 11, and os x 10.20

8. macrumors 601

Seems early. I always thought roundups were put out no earlier than 24-48 hours before the show?

9. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Check the roundup and see! :)

Hint: No. It's an example of a roundup for a product with a longer time horizon.

These are intended to be long-term roundups that will be regularly updated to always reflect the current state of rumors on a product. Different from a last-minute roundup/summary heading into a product intro.

10. macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Yes, it'll go back to lawsuits, Lawsuits and leaked iPad Mini parts. What else do we have? A Mac Pro got announced, and by then a new iPhone will be.

11. macrumors 6502

iWatch seems like it would be crammed in at this or even an Oct. event. I would think a March release would give a great amount of time to let all the other gadgets have their time in the spotlight.

12. macrumors 65816

Tankmaze

13. macrumors 6502

iWatch: "instead of" vs. "in addition to"

"The iWatch will serve as an accessory to the iPhone and other iOS devices, giving users easy at-a-glance access to common functions without having to take their larger devices out of their pockets or bags"

I hope that it is not limited to this. I'd consider wearing an iWatch *instead* of carrying a phone around, but I'd be much less inclined to wear one *in addition* to carrying a phone with me.

14. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The plan here is to have ongoing roundups.

So the iWatch one is an example of one that will evolve for probably the next year.

arn

15. macrumors member

Give it about two weeks after the event and "leaked" photos of iPhone 6 casings will begin to appear. :D

That just seems to be the way this all works any longer.

16. macrumors 65816

There is no possible way the iPhone 5S has a 128 GB storage option. Single chip 128 GB flash still does not exist and no way Apple squeezes two storage chips in an iPhone. Maybe the next iPod Touch, but not the iPhone.

17. macrumors 65816

SockRolid

What I expect for iPhone 5S, 5C, and iWatch:

iPhone 5S: 2013.
    iPhone 5C: 2013.
    iWatch: 2014.

18. macrumors member

Raddock

Where's the Mac Pro in all this mess? Are we waiting until October / November time frame?

Strange there have been no further rumors about it.

Maybe no one cares any more because we know what it looks like already? Or, maybe the new facility that's making them isn't leaking any new info.

19. macrumors 65816

wouldn't you expect the invite today? If not sent today the most lead time from the invite would be 5 business days. Is that the norm?

20. macrumors 6502

ka-spot

Can't wait for rMBP and Mavericks roundups :D

21. macrumors 6502a

JayCee842

Wow, I can't believe it is already going to be September 10! I just cleared out all my idevices a few weaks ago and sold em to upgrade to whatever comes out. Can't wait! :D

22. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Samsung started pumping out the 128 GB chips last fall. Doesn't the 128 GB iPad use them? I don't think I've seen a teardown of the 128 GB model, but unless there was a significant change in the logic board design, there's no room for a second NAND chip.

Invite usually comes about a week ahead of time, so should be next Tuesday or Wednesday.

23. macrumors 68000

JGowan

We have yet to have a succeeding phone that didn't have a faster processor. Why does MR.com think it will be the same?

24. macrumors 6502

Markiie

Would you bet a weeks pay on that?

25. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Are you talking about 5S or 5C? The 5S will have an improved A7 chip. Rumors are that the 5C, being a lower-cost model, will use a similar A6 chip to that found in the iPhone 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.