MacRumors UI update or vbull5 anytime?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by DarkoDonnie, Jul 1, 2013.

1. macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

Love the site, love the content, been monitoring for years finally signed up this month to start contributing and speaking up.

Only comment about the community itself is - the vbull4 look is nasty. Very dated, very 2006 looking, and not at all something that represents the pristine "Mac" look, or the direction of the web.. Infant it's the opposite.

• I'm sure fellow designers will start to slow-clap and agree with me.
    • I'm sure developers and overclocking guys will not care, and say it's fine, and that I should go elsewhere.
    • I'm sure mod's and staff will say it's fine (because, like an ugly child, they love it how it is, no matter what, and won't listen to newb criticism).
    But is there a roadmap for vbull5? or a new skin on current v4? Will designers who love the sites content ever get something that doesn't hurt their eyes? or is this doing well enough on it's own that things will remain how they are?

2. macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Ha! MR isn't even on VB4. (;

3. thread starter macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

oh jeezz.... vBulletin 3.8.6

4. macrumors 68020

localoid

Déjà vu (all over again)

Op,

Amazingly enough, the subject has come up before. Below, are a couple of recent threads I recall, but you'll probably find others if you search...

thread #1

thread #2

5. thread starter macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

I did skim both of those posts from last year, but was curious about any plans to date.

I can't imagine how bad the "quick reply" and other default buttons looks on a retina screen.

If stability is what's keeping v3 around. there's some css guru's that could really make the board shine.

6. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I heard a vBulletin upgrade is coming after a MR app.

7. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

We're working on a site theme redesign, but I've had a number of setbacks with finding fast / reliable vB 3.x developers. Still working on it. Slow going.

arn

8. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'll agree the desktop theme looks dated. However, I love the cleanliness of the mobile theme. It goes so well with iOS 7.

9. thread starter macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

fantastic. the best of luck on the setbacks/search.

10. macrumors 604

ravenvii

I sea what you did there.