Macs and 24

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cleo, May 7, 2002.

?

Who is betraying Jack

1. Mason

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Nina

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Tony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mrs. Palmer

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Palmer himself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. All of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Someone else entirely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. WTF are you talking about???

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Shamelessly ripping off jef's solid gold formula for post counts.

Seriously, is 24 not the best show on TV? I think I am the only one in the entire world watching it, and I get very lonely every Tuesday night because I know of no one who shares my appreciation for it. My housemates think I'm a complete nutcase. ::sigh::

Who's betraying Jack, anyway?

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

OHHH... it's a TV show!! :D

I'm sorry, but I have to say Red Dwarf is the best show on TV. (And I think there's a few guys in this forum who'll agree with me. ;) )

3. Vilacr macrumors regular

There is something strange about Nina and I think she is upset with Jack for going back to his wife. Leaving her out in the cold. I don't know....what do you think?

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ahh...

I almost never watch tv...

the only thing I've even made a conscious effort to watch lately has been "Six Feet Under" on HBO...

and sometimes I catch "Elimidate" when I'm lying in bed waiting to fall asleep...

he he he...:p

5. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

6. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

This must be some american TV show
    so I don't know jack about it

7. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Never heard of it.

My fav show, although I have seen it only once but loved it right away, must be '1 hour wasted time' ('1 uur tijdverlies' in Dutch)
    Funny, straight forward, and superb camera work and FinalCutPro finish!!!!!!

8. iGav macrumors G3

24 is way cool.....

Great concept...... also the use of the most macs in a TV show ever, Powermacs, cinema displays, cubes and TiBooks....... heh heh, these secret goverment agencies certainly know the best hardware!!

As for who's betraying Jack....... well we're only at 8am in the UK, so....

I think it's Jacks daughter!!! :p :p :p

9. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Hemingray, you're a wise man:D I love red dwarf! Getting it on dvd soon!

Never heard of 24. If it's got plenty of macs though then it must be good :p

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, I voted for the WTF, but I know what it is. I don't watch that much TV, to many other things going on, but now and again I'll catch a show or two, more likely a movie. My current fav is Greg the Bunny, blah!

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Thanks man! ;) Red Dwarf is only second to Monty Python in my opinion! I didn't know it was available on DVD! I'll have to look into getting that!

12. iGav macrumors G3

Red Dwarf... is cool, although interms of solid laughter, I dig Bottom, Ade Edmondson is f**king brilliant as Eddie Hitler......

24 is so cool, the whole series is set over 24 episodes, and each episode is 1 hour long, so the actual series takes place over 1 whole day.... it's also in realtime, and has the funky multiscreen displaying different events all occuring in realtime, abit like the multiple angle shots you used to get in 70's movies!!

It's just jammed with Macs and SGI's though...... Powermacs, cinema displays, TiBooks...... man it looks so cool for Apple!!

13. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

Eh, I dunno. She seems to genuinely be liking Terri now. Like how she obviously didn't know how to tell her the news about Kim.

My friends think it's Milo, but he wasn't even on last night.

I think there's something fishy going on with Lady MacPalmer and the advisor (the white guy). Why are they so insistent on Palmer having an affair?

Oh yeah, and why wouldn't the terrorists be interested in killing Palmer's wife and kids, too, if it's just for revenge?

14. Ludicrosity macrumors member

Milo isn't it, good point on Miss Palmer. I think it's either her or Manson.

This show (or movie) is awesome, the only part I don't like is the episode before last where Kim was riding back to CTU in the police car and it got hit my the terrorists. A bit lame and overally spontaneous if you ask me, hard to visualize that actually happening.

15. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

There is a few of us here Hemingray. Even so, I do watch 24. I think the betrayer is Jack's boss guy, the bald guy, whats-his-name. I'm not very good with names in case you haven't figured out.

16. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Heard it was a cool show, but it doesn't jibe with my schedule so I haven't seen it.

I stick to CSI and Dark Angel...I used to watch Smallville, but then schedule conflicts reared their ugly heads again. :mad:

17. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

TV time conflicted with Mac time. And guess which one lost out?

I guess the only show I enjoy is Bob Ross who paints those masterpieces in >30 min on PBS.

Just like my TV time per week, >30 min. I guess I'm not alone, judging from the other posts. That's a relief because I thought I was some sort of freak or something.