macs and a lust for just one pc in household?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Apr 11, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    ok, now that you know i am a loving, accepting, religious, open minded person, i am going to get killed here for this one...

do any of you mac users lust for at least one pc in your household?

i for one, desperately want a vaio desktop with an athlon or a vaio laptop with athlon 4 or pentium 4 to go with my two macs;)

they look cool, almost mac like, and they are great multimedia units...almost as good as a mac

and you can go to kmart or ross or anywhere, buy a pc game, and off you cool i thinks
  2. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    already got one :)

the first computer i owned myself i bought almost a year and a half ago, a compaq, and my fiancee has a pc laptop (can't remember which one
    though, they all seem alike!). Bit by bit i'll wear her down 'till she agrees to switch to a mac laptop. Still though, i'll be keeping the desktop pc, just for gaming purposes. You get better performance that a games console, most of the games are cheaper, and upgrading is as simple as taking a screwdriver and a sledgehammer to it. Oh sorry, that last part wasn't meant to slip out :)

BTW: how many more macs &... threads are we going to have? I don't have a problem with them, there pretty good, but how many subjects can you vaguely relate to macs?
  3. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Jan 18, 2002
    It is always nice to have 1 peecee, there might be a program that you want but it is only Windows compatible. Get one if you want, but DO NOT get a P4 laptop. They are bulky, hot running, 2.5 hour battery(max), and they are expensive. But the VAIO towers are nice.
  4. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2001
    Clovis, CA USA

Sure PeeCee are ok, its the OS you run, use Linux/ BSD, or Be, or even Rhapsody!
  5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Already have one...looking to sell it off to start saving for a Mac desktop...(G5 please!)
  6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    I have only one of two mac at my office, so I have plenty of access there and don't really need one at home. My wife has a Compaq laptop, so in a pinch I'll use that and when I do play games, I'm happy with what ever I can get on a Mac.

Maybe if we need to upgrade the Compaq in a few years we'll get something cooler.
  7. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    I gonna get killed for this one to

I don't mind PCs either there cool....
    any computer to me is cool, but macs are more fun and user friendly
    If I didn't win my imac I probably would have went out and bought a PC
    and never given the mac platform a chance

Like most people I just wanted a computer for e-mail, internet and games a mac didn't occur to me at the time.

But am I glad I won that comp because I would be here today having the time of my life

Peace out
  8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    actually....the dsl at home is connected to a there is one...personally I'm indifferent to the matters what I want to use more... ;)

at work we have a remains itself in a room....doesn't get much use...acts as our webserver for the dsl with the entire network though...we needed it for certain pc formats which we can't do on Mac...
  9. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i admit it

i have one pc. didn't want to do it but there's some software thats only available for the pc that i need.

i don't like the box-it scares me-and it uses my fear to it's advantage....i try not to look directly at it.
    some people think i'm paranoid but i know its planning something.
    luckily its in another part of the house and it can't see what i'm typing. i think i hear something.
    wait, it can't be

10. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    And I bet you just love the grey crap looking windows interface
    and I bet microsoft and symnantec have a partnership going where microsoft just make viruses and symnantec fixes em
    you never no in a microsoft world
  11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002

as much as i'd like to play some more games than are available for mac, i realize that even the games i have for mac are too much. i recently got like 4 or 5 games for christmas through feb or so. and i've played all of... 2? civ 3 and giants: kabuto... both of those occupy more than enough of my time for gaming...

so i'd never say i have a LUST for pc..

but. then again, i have an xbox. so i guess that's just as bad/worse to some people.

i did however, buy tiger woods golf for pc and just used it on my roomie's pc or my girlfriend's... ha. what a joke that was. can't wait til links 2002 comes out...