Macs and Mustangs!

Discussion in 'Community' started by jeffy.dee-lux, Oct 24, 2004.

1. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

I've often noticed people on these boards mentioning mustangs. Apple and Ford are the only two corporations which i actually pay much attention to, and i'm a big fan of both. I'm sure its just cause my family drove fords when i was a kid, and our first computer was a Mac SE. Two unrelated things. But is there some reason I don't seem to be the only one who is obsessed with Macs and Mustangs? Is it the style? I think that could have something about it. And they were both revolutionary when they first came out. One huge difference though is the price factor. Mustangs are known for great bang for the buck, high performance to dollar ratio. As much as we all love our macs, we know they're towards the expensive end of the spectrum, often compared with BMWs and such.
    Anyways, i'm sure this topic will get buried as there probably aren't really THAT many mustang fans on here. But to any mustang fans, why do you like em? Is it related to your love of macs? For me, i'm pretty sure it isn't.

(The first and only online forums i've ever joined were MacRumors and www.theMustangSource.com. A great site by the way, started up by a mustang fan named brad, now probably the best source of info on the 05 stang out there, better than car magazines or the ford web site. Brad and some of the moderators have even met Hau Tai Tang, the chief engineer for the 05 mustang, brad was one of the lucky people to get invited to the official launch of the 05. TMS is in the process of switching to a dedicated server right now, so the site has been a little shakey of late, but that should probably be fixed soon.)

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Interesting that you should mention that. I just got back from my in-laws, my MIL has decided to sell her Mustang, so in about 6 months I'll be the proud owner of a '91 red convertible. May be old model year, but only 41k miles, pristine shape... I'm excited. Just gotta get my Chevy to limp along for that long...

paul

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Well, I hate Fords. But, the mustang is the only Ford I like. As you said the Mustang is great performance for the buck. It will be the muscle car that people buy that can't afford the Corvette. The Mustang will never be better then the Corvette. I follow Corvettes and Macs. But, I am not crazy about Vettes like I am with Macs.

4. jeffy.dee-lux thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe its the colours?

Attached Files:

5. jeffy.dee-lux thread starter macrumors 6502a

all the mustang photos are from the Timeline on brad's site: http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/. If you want photos of the 05 mustang, there are a couple hundred there, most of them taken by site members, including tons of pre-production photos and photos of some of the aftermarket companies' like Roush, Steeda, and Saleen. They should be showing there stuff off at the SEMA show November 2-5, where the mustang will be the featured vehicle, with like 10 different versions or something.
    I hope none of you think i'm actually advertising for this site or anything, i'm just a lowly poster on one site posting on another site to let other like-minded mustang and mac lovers know about an awesome source of info and discussion.

Now when are we gonna see iPod integration with the Stang? This 6 disc mp3 cd player just won't cut it! (500 or optional 1000 Watt system, by the way :D)

Attached Files: