Macs and over-sensitivity

Discussion in 'Community' started by Durandal7, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Is it just me or are people way too sensitive nowadays. Here is a story about a police dog who bit a young boy. The boy happened to be black so they are now claiming that the dog was racially profiling.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,55010,00.html
    Just what the hell is wrong with people??

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I think it's very possible for dogs to be trained to go after certain people (racial profiles). It happens often...I've been around dogs that went nuts around black people...quite interesting.

However, I do think that these days people are so sue-happy it makes a complete mockery of the court system. It's literally taking full advantage of our rights as citizens.

I don't really know what's wrong with people these days, but I think it has to do a lot with the fact that many don't want to take responsibility for their ownselves, and are looking for the easy way out. :(

3. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Possibly, when I was a kid my brother had a friend from India that our dog would freak out around. The dog would flip out at foriegners a lot too. Something about different diets I guess.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Dogs are pretty damn smart, and can be trained to react to almost any stimulus. So its not impossible that someone in the dogs past did something that it didn't like and has ever since disliked anyone looking like that person.

Still, it is a sad commentary.

5. mr.w macrumors regular

hey... maybe you guys can train an attack dog to go after jello...... ;)

just kidding

6. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

OH SNAP!

I cant wait to see his response to this one....I'm bringin the lawn chair and popcorn out...

7. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

my dog hates white guys with beards, so it isnt too suprizing that someone decided top sue over this

8. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Really? Or are you just in denial about why Sata never came when you were a kid?

9. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

10. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Bulll

Thats such horse sh*t. I mean, you know all those filthy people care about is getting money.

You telling me that if it had bit 3 white people, a white person would have complained?

Another thing, since we are on the subject...I am sick of hearing crap about womens rights.

Women are paid equally with men, but are treated better. Just out of respect, we open doors for them, seat them to their chairs, treat them to dinner...but thats not what I am complaining about.

Its the people that say women aren't treated right, but what happens during a divorce???

In a divorce, the women gets everything. Even if she didnt support the family, she will end up with everything. But then we hear about women being treated unfairly....

11. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

You mean the dog would have disliked you more because you weren't looking at it thinking about your next meal? :p

Talk about sue-happy.... that's sad. The dog could be trained to go after blacks only, but i find that highly unlikely. The police would be *that* stupid, would they? I hope not.

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the donkey at the farm near where i live hates goats even though it is in his nature to hate dogs, wolfs, and coyotes

the donkey loves people and especially likes to be fed bananas

they isolated the donkey to its own area away from other animals and now the donkey is super lonely like in the movie shrek

13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Damn, I know the PD wanted to keep their new Uber-Dogs a secret. When are people going to realize that PC is doing nothing but destroying this country. It is out of control, and has to be done away with. Who is with me?

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u gettin' a tan yet or are ya burnin' a little??? ;)

15. spuncan macrumors 6502

I agree this country I way to sue happy over anything but formost race. Iu look a someone of another race they will say ur racist and ull either get beat or sued. It's horrible especially where I live because the community I live in is still 86% caucaisan where the nerby Detroit is around 86% African American and many people of either race are scared or racist against the other, which is very sad because it causes all kinds of fights crimes, etc.. I think there was some study here that found out most crimes were Drug related but number 2 was Race.

16. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

uh...what?

*opens eyes*

Hello? ....who's that...?

Oh, darn, I fell asleep...:rolleyes:

17. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Racism doesn't bug me so much as

People I've met that live up to their stereotype , then use the racism card whenever they feel mistreated or if they need an excuse for bad behaviour they say:" Well I'm (insert race) you know? How could I help it?" Makes me want to make wit da smackdown.

18. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehe...

My friend is pretty funny. If he ever asks to borrow a buck he says: "Im black man, I'm poor"

19. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I was bitted (the past tense of bite) by a dog who hates white people. It was one of those dogas that looks like a hot dog, do you know what I mean?

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That would be bit, you were bit by a Dachshund (weiner dog)

Those are nasty little dogs, never liked them, wouldn't own one myself.

21. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

If we're into corrections, then it's actually bitten. ;)