macs and sex

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Retired

jefhatfield

ok, i didn't come up with this idea...steve jobs did...remember...and dukestreet inspired me

so what is the sexiest apple product for this year?

the last five years?

of all time?

for me this year, it was the lcd imac,

last five years the tibook or original imac,

and of all time, the original imac

2. macrumors 65816

Taft

TiBook

Definitely. I'd say this has to be one of the sexiest tech products ever.

Its part of the reason I bought it. Unfortunately, my luck in the love department hasn't exactly gone up since buying my TiBook. Since I can't blame the TiBook, I'll have to blame myself. Heh. :)

Matthew

3. macrumors 68030

mischief

4. macrumors G3

heh heh heh

You guys really are on one today......:p

Okay, I'd have to say the TiBook for all of them, although I really like the 20th Anniversary Mac..... as it's a really stunning example of total product intergration.......

Funny though, when Apple released the TiBook and I saw it in magazines, I thought wow..... when I actually recieved it, I was alittle unsure of the light grey/ darker grey thing going on..... then within a very short time, I decided I love it........

It's the whole aesthetic and engineering thing that to me makes it the sexiest!! slim, sleek, clean, and uncluttered!!!

So the TiBook gets my vote........:p

Or the iMac Blue Dalmation........ seriously I have a Dalmation dog, and would love the iMac Blue Dalmation to go with her!!!:D

5. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm starting to see a trend here jef...

but I like the threads thus far!!!

sexiest product this year?
    would have to be the new iMac I suppose...even though I don't think it at all sexy...but it's the only new hardware...

sexiest product in last 5 years?
    would definitely be the TiBook...I mean who wouldn't think it sexy?!

sexiest product ever?
    I still go with the TiBook...never before was there anything with it's looks...dimensions...power...

is it getting hot in here or is it just me?! ;)

6. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

7. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: macs and sex

Ah, my work here is done :D

but for my vote, TiPB. Just to see the look on peoples faces when you wip it out! Oh my! Shiny and ......

well, I can't go any farther with this or I'll get in trouble;)

I really do think the TiPB is the coolest thing yet. The new iMac would come in second.

8. macrumors 68030

britboy

i would deffinitely vote for the Tibook. No other computer can hold a candle to it in the looks department.

The iBrator thing has been around for a few years now. It's still just as funny as it ever though! :D

9. macrumors 6502a

While the new iMac get's my vote at the "Coolest" Mac of the last five years - I'd have to give "Sexiest" to the Ti.

Mid-life crisis has a new Corvette -- and it's not a car*

10. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    pretty darn funny

my vote goes to the new lcd imac-sexy in a sort of bmw mini or nissan figaro sort of way.

i think ( hope ) the new professional line is going to be the perfect combo of sex, power and functionality. think the audi tt with it's "lemans" style gas cap. almost an anti-design design....

the old imacs were kinda the "new beetle" of their time-and they paid off royally for both companies.

11. Administrator

blakespot

This year: The new iMac

Last 5 years: The original iMac

All time: the original Macintosh

blakespot

12. macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Well dangit, jef! Here I thought this thread was on Macs and Sex! I was thinking "Well, and I thought I'd read everything..." but here I find out it's about sex APPEAL... man! ;)

So far I don't think Apple's hit the sexy mark quite yet. They had the curves of the original iMac, iBook, and G4, and they have the elegance of the new iMac, iBook, iPod, and PowerBook. So they need to combine those factors. (Sorta like the G4 Quicksilver casing!)

That's MY opinion. :D

13. macrumors G3

All time: the original Macintosh

Mr blakespot.... you are hardcore......:D

14. macrumors 601

krossfyter

15. macrumors 68030

britboy

Thanks krossfyter, i now know what i'll be using as my next desktop background picture :)

16. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: krossfyter

now if u can get me something similar with an old school 1930's pin-up girl...I'll take it!! :p

17. macrumors 601

krossfyter

your welcome britboy! i just put it as my desktop on my tibook. just brought it into photoshop tweaked it to my liking and walla!

eyelikeart: that would be interesting to say the least now wouldnt it? if anyone finds one tell us all! i doubt you could post it in here...right? doesnt that violate some law or something!?!?!?! heh

18. macrumors 68000

mcrain

TiBook has me so worked up... I sure hope I don't get called on to go up to the chalkboard!

19. macrumors 6502a

That iBrator thing really cracked me up. Did you guys see the posters? And the actual t-shirts & mousepads.

I wouldn't be caught dead walking around with one of those :p

20. macrumors 601

krossfyter

yea....thats an absolute trip. i dont know what to think of it at the moment. kinda scary...i guess.

21. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

As a guy, you have less options on what you can do with it. Not for me, thanks.

It'd be great to get a female perspective....

22. macrumors 65816

Taft

Heh.

There have been a lot of interesting topics on MacRumors in the last few days. These threads are making my otherwise boring day a lot more fun. :)

That iBrator link and the pin-up with the TiBook are priceless. Sweet.

Matthew

23. macrumors member

24. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

25. macrumors 68030

teabgs

I used to have th iMac girl as my desktop....ANYWAY.

THIS YEARS SEXIEST PRODUCT IS: The 23" HD display. Oh my god just thinking about it makes me want to drool. So big, so crystal clear, and those curves around the edge...

IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS AND ALL TIME GETS THE SAME VOTE FROM ME: The CUBE. Listen....you can say all you want about the TiBook but nothing compares to the cube up close and personal. Its the computer equiv of how I like my ladies...Kinda short, but not too short, very curvy and vuluptuous (sp?), and wears almost see through-but not quite clothing.

Oh man is it sexy, that baby knocks the wind outta me with a glance just like a beutiful girl passing on the street.