Macs and Sexuality

Discussion in 'Community' started by Panther Blue, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther Blue macrumors regular

Before posting this thread, I want it to be known that I am in no way trying to generalize or degrade anyone on any basis, including sexuality, this is simply an observation I have made that i found interesting.

Many Mac users I have met (not all, not even half, but a bunch) are homosexual. Many homosexuals i know prefer Macs.

I could be totally off, but is there some connection to the gay community with macs?

Again, please don't yell, this is not to hurt anyone, it's just a thing I've been pondering.

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I don't know any gay people who use Macs...although my suitemate last year was gay and had a Dell and two of my gay friends have an HP and a Compaq. Of course, I only know a handful of Mac users, anyway. Either way, I doubt it matters. It's no different than saying "I noticed a lot of guys drive cars..." you can't really tell what percentage of the population use which and of that, what percentage is of a certain sexuality, race, sexual orientations, etc.

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I know a gay guy who uses Windows. I guess there's some secret connection between them and Microsoft.

4. Panther Blue thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I could be wrong. I just was wondering, not trying to bug anyone. Sorry guys.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

there have been threads on both gay mac users, and the idea that more gay people use macs. do a search...

but, i think, all things being equal, gay people constitute a slightly higher percentage of mac users than PC. but a lot of that comes from many gay people doing well in areas like art and film and design, which are Mac based...

and yes, i realize i just used a huge stereotype. but when society pushes a stereotype long enough, even the stereotyped people believe it. of course there's probably no reason gay people would be more creative or artistic. but both the gay community and the straight community draw the line, which causes the same results.

other people here, perhaps even other gay people, might not like your question. but i think it's great whenever someone establishes a dialogue about something so "taboo"... shows some measure of courage. :)

pnw

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

No problem with me...it just seems hard to gauge, really. Perhaps a new poll? ;)

7. Panther Blue thread starter macrumors regular

Just so you guys know, um, i didn't really want to post this, but I feel the need to say it, I'm actually not straight myself... so if that makes anyone feel less offended knowing there are no malicious feelings or anything, it's worth telling you that.

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Out of the several hundred mac users I know, many are just very clean, knowledgable straight people, however there are a few "gay" people who use macs. But, "gay" people use everything, is that any reason to say that something is "gay" or "queer"? Truly, regardless who uses something, does not reflect on your using something.

Anyway, Macs and Sexuality, I actually have a small tid bit you should pass on to your PC friends. Mac users are better lovers. Reason: since Mac users don't have to bother fixing our computers constantly, Mac users usually look into increasing sexual pleasure of their partner.

Just speeking from personal experence, Mac users are better in bed.

TEG

9. Panther Blue thread starter macrumors regular

That really did kill me, better lovers... well we have more time anyway, so we're more punctual dates. I won't ever stand someone up with "Oh sorry hun, I was dealing with the blue screen of death, but I promise I'll be here when I'm supposed to next time unless my printer drivers decide to malfunction."

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

ah, well then welcome to the unofficial MR gay community. i'm the #1 powerfag and cleo is #1 powerdyke, but in her absence maybe vniow would be a good fit :) she's not the first lesbian to come out, but she is the most prolific...

seriously tho, maybe it's getting close to time to have another 'coming out' thread. it's something that many readers want to discuss but is difficult at times... tho it hasn't been too terribly long since the last one, i dunno...

long story short, you don't have to worry here about mentioning a signifigant other, or any of the other inhibitions you're used to... the people of MR are very enlightened as a whole, and even those that have some religious opposition to the topic at hand are very respectful. it's one of the reasons I love MR so much.

:)
    paul

11. Danger! Will macrumors regular

Danger! Will

Is this now the coming out thread?
    If so I'm a closet Windows user .

12. Panther Blue thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Well, thank you. I will join your PowerFag club, even though i don't like to use that term... lol... I didn't realize many ppl came out over here, and I'm glad it's "safe".

13. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Re: Thanks

PowerFairy just sounds... queer :)

it's all Cleo's fault, for turning all of the straight guys on so much that she was instantly the PowerDyke. ;) i had to compete somehow...

my sense of humor is warped.

pnw

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: Thanks

strange the way things work sometimes, eh? ;)

But yeah, artisitic, creative, stylish...all typical stereotypes of the gay man. It's sad really, as I always viewed it as a mindset rather than an association. I've concluded in my mind that those stereotypes mark that of an open-minded male, who feels ok with communication & exploring himself with art & such.

The whole "Mac" thing stems to creatives I feel. It's just a piece of the puzzle really.

15. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

PowerFag...is this a new model introduced along side the PowerMac? Perhaps a PowerFag cluster...now we're talking. Look out G5, the PowerFag will soon be the dominate force. ;)

16. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

so that's what the x-grid is all about...

powerFag clusters.... ;):D

scem0

17. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

18. Danger! Will macrumors regular

Danger! Will

For the record, I'm buy-sexual.
    Buy me something and i may very well become sexual.
    BTW how much does this PowerFag model go for anyways
    What are the build to order options?
    Does it come standard with a rainbow paint scheme?

19. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

You mock me!?

20. Danger! Will macrumors regular

Danger! Will

21. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

22. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

In Soviet Russia, the computers use us.

23. Danger! Will macrumors regular

Danger! Will

Gay computer newbies use aol. Look at all the member rooms ending in M4M. That doesnt mean macintosh for macintosh.

24. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

that's Mother Russia to you, fag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.