Macs and the Great Outdoors

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, May 7, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So does any one take their computer outside to work? On a trip/vacation, to the beach? (I'd never do that personally).

I have taken my TiPB on vacation and used it to process all the digital photos I took that day. Its a great way to relax at the end of an evening looking at large pictures of the stuff you've done.

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Not yet but I hope too. I visit some cool places like the British Virgin Islands. I would love to have a laptop on some of my trips. One thing I would not like to see is a bunch of campers walking around with laptops and spending their time playing games rather than enjoing the outdoors.

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I took my tibook to france for a skiing trip, to get the pictures and video footage we'd taken that day. It never left the hotel room though, there's no way i'd take it down the slopes!

In general i take it on most holidays. It's easier for keeping an account of what happens (ie. a diary of sorts).

Other than that, it regularly comes out on the balcony with me when the weather is nice :)

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i vistited the relatives in los angeles and brought my digital camera and laptop and when they saw themselves on the computer screen ten minutes later, they were amazed

it is funny how us computer users take this stuff for granted

...it was my humble pc laptop, but if i had brought the ibook with photoshop on it, then it would really be cool

5. Vilacr macrumors regular

I took my ibook on vacation to disney world. It was great being able to relax and play with the pics at the end of the day.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I usually end up bring my TiBook with me whenever I travel...

when we go vacations together I've brought it....it's great entertainment on an airplane or while waiting for a connecting flight in an airport:p

for short trips when we actually stay in a hotel....it's great to watch a dvd or have some music to....ahem....listen to... ;)

7. iGav macrumors G3

If I have vaguely anything resembling a long distance journey, then my puppy comes with me......

I love my TiBook!! :D

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i have always been a desktop person, as that's what my parents had and now that's what i have for my graphics/video purposes.

but i must say, the more talk i hear about the two books, and then yesterday i saw the tipb in person (not the first time by far, but the first time recently) and i had forgotten how thin it is, and how good looking it is.

you are all making me jealous with your talk of portability. ahhh.... i will have to convince one of my brothers to get one and then "borrow" it..... ha

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I have a two week camping trip coming up this summer, but I'm not sure if I'll bring the TiPB with me...unless they have Airport at campgrounds these days. :D

10. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well for surfing the net, its not exactly the place to go, but if they have power, I'd take it camping. Or get an adapter for the car. That way I could do the photos and video when I'm just sitting around the campfire....

Also having StarryNight Pro on my TiPB, I've had it out at night before. Last week a friend and I went to the Washington momunent to see the planets aligned - Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter were all up and very bright. I took my TiPB with me so we could figure out what the other stars were, it was very cool. I should have brought my camera, that I might do next time, the planets are still around for the next week or so.

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i have used my brother's pb g3 on some long drives and that's always fun. takes your mind off the long trip and also allows you to do something fun, creative, productive, etc...

i think if/once i get married, i'll have a desktop and then my wife can have the laptop... she has one now but of course it's a dell. but she realizes that her next computer WILL be a mac, and she's happy about it. she just doesn't have the money/need for it yet.... hopefully she'll get a damn job. haha that way she can support me, the struggling artist.